Private Newsgroup

Post by Praveen Krishna » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:45:58

Hi

I want to set up private newsgroup in Outlook Express. Primary use of this
newsgroup is to post technical information of our application among our
employees.

Thanks.

Praveen Krishnan

Private Newsgroup

Post by DGues » Fri, 23 Jun 2006 02:10:22

Quote:> Hi

> I want to set up private newsgroup in Outlook Express. Primary use of this
> newsgroup is to post technical information of our application among our
> employees.

> Thanks.

> Praveen Krishnan

Set up a NNTP server on whatever machine you want to use as the host. Give
everyone that machine IP address as the NNTP server name.

IIS in Windows 2003 Server has the ability. You don't mention what you're
planning on using to set this up on or anything else.

1. Private Newsgroup update from the private.microsoft.imho newsgroup.

Subject: RE: private.directaccess newsgroups
Date: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 12:30 PM

We have not shut off NNTP access to the newsgroups.  So far we're hearing
that it's working for some people and not others so we're trying narrow
things down to certain newsreaders or server issues.  Our team is working
to isolate this problem.  Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Tom Ford
Microsoft

2. HELP: Looking for email server for Windows XP Professional

3. Private Newsgroups Down?

4. No Mouse in Safe Mode

5. Private XP Newsgroup now WORKING

6. Registry Cleaners for XP?

7. Change folder from Private to non-private?

8. Removing services - is it possible?

9. Turn folder from Private to not private

10. Question: Making private data private.

11. The little star next to a newsgroup on the newsgroup subscription list.

12. Newsgroup headers disappearing when clicking on newsgroup

13. Resetting Newsgroups and Downloading Newsgroup Description fails