Hyperlinks

Post by Wondere » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:13:49

Is there a way to put a hyperlink in an email using OE? The option is there,
but it is greyed out. I cannot find a way to turn it on. Thanks in advance
for any help rendered.

Steven Shelton

     There are two secrets to success in life
              1) Never tell anybody everything you know

Hyperlinks

Post by Ken » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:23:17

To use hyperlinks format the message as Rich Text (HTML).

Ken

| Is there a way to put a hyperlink in an email using OE? The option is
there,
| but it is greyed out. I cannot find a way to turn it on. Thanks in advance
| for any help rendered.
|
| Steven Shelton
|
|      There are two secrets to success in life
|               1) Never tell anybody everything you know

Hyperlinks

Post by Ken » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:28:43

The following from Outlook Express Help.
To insert a hyperlink or HTML page in a message

  1.. In the message window, click where you want to add the hyperlink or Web page text.

  2.. To add a hyperlink, click the Insert menu, and then click Hyperlink. Select the file type, and then type the location or address of the link.

  To add an HTML page, click the Insert menu, and then click Text from File. Change the Files of type box to HTML Files, and then find the file you want to add.

Tips
  a.. If you cannot select the Hyperlink menu command, make sure HTML formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command when it is selected.

| To use hyperlinks format the message as Rich Text (HTML).
|
| Ken
|

| | Is there a way to put a hyperlink in an email using OE? The option is
| there,
| | but it is greyed out. I cannot find a way to turn it on. Thanks in advance
| | for any help rendered.
| |
| | Steven Shelton
| |
| |      There are two secrets to success in life
| |               1) Never tell anybody everything you know
| |
| |

Hyperlinks

Post by Bruce Hage » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:11:28

Copy a Hyperlink. Open a New Message window and type Click Here or whatever
you want. Highlight Click Here and then Insert | Hyperlink. Paste the link
into the bottom field | OK. Click Here is now underlined and is now your
link.

Note you have to save it to Drafts to test it.
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

> Well, I can apparently just copy and paste a link, without doing all that.
> What I was really looking for was a way to put in something like: click
> "HERE" to see and make the "here" a hyperlink, rather than having the
> whole thing scrolling across the page. Can that be done?

> Steven Shelton

>     There are two secrets to success in life
>              1) Never tell anybody everything you know

> The following from Outlook Express Help.
> To insert a hyperlink or HTML page in a message

>  1.. In the message window, click where you want to add the hyperlink or
> Web page text.

>  2.. To add a hyperlink, click the Insert menu, and then click Hyperlink.
> Select the file type, and then type the location or address of the link.

>  To add an HTML page, click the Insert menu, and then click Text from
> File. Change the Files of type box to HTML Files, and then find the file
> you want to add.

> Tips
>  a.. If you cannot select the Hyperlink menu command, make sure HTML
> formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window
> and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command
> when it is selected.

> | To use hyperlinks format the message as Rich Text (HTML).
> |
> | Ken
> |

> | | Is there a way to put a hyperlink in an email using OE? The option is
> | there,
> | | but it is greyed out. I cannot find a way to turn it on. Thanks in
> advance
> | | for any help rendered.
> | |
> | | Steven Shelton
> | |
> | |      There are two secrets to success in life
> | |               1) Never tell anybody everything you know
> | |
> | |

Hyperlinks

Post by Ken » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:15:18

Hi Steven,

Type you word or words like, click "HERE" to view msn, use mouse to highlight "HERE", choose Insert, on it's menu choose Hyperlink, input hyperlink info, click OK.

You should be able to click the "HERE" above.

Ken

| Well, I can apparently just copy and paste a link, without doing all that.
| What I was really looking for was a way to put in something like: click
| "HERE" to see and make the "here" a hyperlink, rather than having the whole
| thing scrolling across the page. Can that be done?
|
| Steven Shelton
|
|      There are two secrets to success in life
|               1) Never tell anybody everything you know

| The following from Outlook Express Help.
| To insert a hyperlink or HTML page in a message
|
|   1.. In the message window, click where you want to add the hyperlink or
| Web page text.
|
|   2.. To add a hyperlink, click the Insert menu, and then click Hyperlink.
| Select the file type, and then type the location or address of the link.
|
|   To add an HTML page, click the Insert menu, and then click Text from File.
| Change the Files of type box to HTML Files, and then find the file you want
| to add.
|
| Tips
|   a.. If you cannot select the Hyperlink menu command, make sure HTML
| formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window
| and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command when
| it is selected.
|

| | To use hyperlinks format the message as Rich Text (HTML).
| |
| | Ken
| |

| | | Is there a way to put a hyperlink in an email using OE? The option is
| | there,
| | | but it is greyed out. I cannot find a way to turn it on. Thanks in
| advance
| | | for any help rendered.
| | |
| | | Steven Shelton
| | |
| | |      There are two secrets to success in life
| | |               1) Never tell anybody everything you know
| | |
| | |
| |
| |

Hyperlinks

Post by DGues » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:14:25

<A href="http://www.whatever_page.com\page.html">Click Here<A>

Change the URL to the correct info then paste it into the HTML.

Won't work for Plain Text messages of course, only HTML.

> Well, I can apparently just copy and paste a link, without doing all that.
> What I was really looking for was a way to put in something like: click
> "HERE" to see and make the "here" a hyperlink, rather than having the
> whole thing scrolling across the page. Can that be done?

> Steven Shelton

>     There are two secrets to success in life
>              1) Never tell anybody everything you know

> The following from Outlook Express Help.
> To insert a hyperlink or HTML page in a message

>  1.. In the message window, click where you want to add the hyperlink or
> Web page text.

>  2.. To add a hyperlink, click the Insert menu, and then click Hyperlink.
> Select the file type, and then type the location or address of the link.

>  To add an HTML page, click the Insert menu, and then click Text from
> File. Change the Files of type box to HTML Files, and then find the file
> you want to add.

> Tips
>  a.. If you cannot select the Hyperlink menu command, make sure HTML
> formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window
> and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command
> when it is selected.

> | To use hyperlinks format the message as Rich Text (HTML).
> |
> | Ken
> |

> | | Is there a way to put a hyperlink in an email using OE? The option is
> | there,
> | | but it is greyed out. I cannot find a way to turn it on. Thanks in
> advance
> | | for any help rendered.
> | |
> | | Steven Shelton
> | |
> | |      There are two secrets to success in life
> | |               1) Never tell anybody everything you know
> | |
> | |

Hyperlinks

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP O » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:14:01

Quote:> Well, I can apparently just copy and paste a link, without doing all that.
> What I was really looking for was a way to put in something like: click
> "HERE" to see and make the "here" a hyperlink, rather than having the
> whole thing scrolling across the page. Can that be done?

> Steven Shelton

It's easy.
Make sure you are using HTML.
Type HERE.
Drag the cursor over it to highlight it.
Click Insert | Hyperlink.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in newsgroup

Hyperlinks

Post by Wondere » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:00:29

Well, I can apparently just copy and paste a link, without doing all that.
What I was really looking for was a way to put in something like: click
"HERE" to see and make the "here" a hyperlink, rather than having the whole
thing scrolling across the page. Can that be done?

Steven Shelton

     There are two secrets to success in life
              1) Never tell anybody everything you know

The following from Outlook Express Help.
To insert a hyperlink or HTML page in a message

  1.. In the message window, click where you want to add the hyperlink or
Web page text.

  2.. To add a hyperlink, click the Insert menu, and then click Hyperlink.
Select the file type, and then type the location or address of the link.

  To add an HTML page, click the Insert menu, and then click Text from File.
Change the Files of type box to HTML Files, and then find the file you want
to add.

Tips
  a.. If you cannot select the Hyperlink menu command, make sure HTML
formatting is turned on by clicking the Format menu in the message window
and then clicking Rich Text (HTML). A black dot appears by the command when
it is selected.

| To use hyperlinks format the message as Rich Text (HTML).
|
| Ken
|

| | Is there a way to put a hyperlink in an email using OE? The option is
| there,
| | but it is greyed out. I cannot find a way to turn it on. Thanks in
advance
| | for any help rendered.
| |
| | Steven Shelton
| |
| |      There are two secrets to success in life
| |               1) Never tell anybody everything you know
| |
| |

1. Hyperlinks in OE emails crash OE and don't "hyperlink"

Reposting my "OE Freezes if click Hyperlink in email" post with additional
info. Someone PLEASE HELP! Should I toss this stupid computer out the 2nd
floor window?
I've used OE for ~10 years and never had this problem. For the past week, any
time I click a hyperlink in an email message, OE totally freezes, crashes,
locks up and I must use Ctr+Alt+Del to shut it down. And of course, I don't
get any window opening to the URL. If the hyperlink is an actual URL, I can
copy/paste the URL into IE. But if I right click a hyperlink and choose "Copy
Shortcut", all I end up pasting is blank space.
The only reply previous reply (Check your URL HTTP Protocol. See
www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx) didn't solve the problem.  Any ideas why this is
happening? Thanks.

2. Auto-hide on the Taskbar...

3. PowerPoint Hyperlinks Question

4. Uploading OE back up files

5. Hyperlink to encoder.

6. MCSE Preparation Materials

7. Director and Hyperlinks???

8. IGMP versions

9. play ScreenCam movie from hyperlink in browser

10. How can I get offline HTML document hyperlinks to work on Netscape 7?

11. Hyperlinks Disabled in OE 5.5

12. hyperlinks

13. Creating hyperlinks to specific points in a .wmv file