How to uninstall IE6 beta?

Post by Dick » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 04:30:57

I want to install IE6, but first I know I need to uninstall the beta
version. But I have no installer for it. No, it's not in add-remove programs
although the repair is, nor is it in system Information. It must have gotten
deleted somehow. I don't want to redo my hard drive. How can I remove it?
--
Sincerely and thanks,
*

How to uninstall IE6 beta?

Post by Jack A » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 05:18:54

On my Win98SE system, the beta 2 version uninstall crashed and would
not start the uninstall.   I installed the final version over IE 6 beta 2 and
have had no problems with IE or OE.

The choice is easy to make, since a reformat will fix whichever method you
find doesn't work.

j. ak

> I want to install IE6, but first I know I need to uninstall the beta
> version. But I have no installer for it. No, it's not in add-remove programs
> although the repair is, nor is it in system Information. It must have gotten
> deleted somehow. I don't want to redo my hard drive. How can I remove it?
> --
> Sincerely and thanks,
>*

How to uninstall IE6 beta?

Post by Gary Maso » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:08:15

Don't know if this applies,  But have two PCs, both running ME and was
running the beta versions of IE 6 and just installed over them without
any problem.

Good Luck,
Gary

> I want to install IE6, but first I know I need to uninstall the beta
> version. But I have no installer for it. No, it's not in add-remove programs
> although the repair is, nor is it in system Information. It must have gotten
> deleted somehow. I don't want to redo my hard drive. How can I remove it?
> --
> Sincerely and thanks,
>*

How to uninstall IE6 beta?

Post by Dick » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:17:10

Thanks,
I did just that. I installed IE6 over the beta after making sure there were
no errors on disk. Then I rebooted computer and closed everything I could on
the taskbar. After that I downloaded and installed IE6. No problems. Thanks
for your advice.
Quote:> Sincerely and thanks,
>*

How to uninstall IE6 beta?

Post by Jack A » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:30:57

Now check out FreeCell and Solitaire games.  Do both run OK?
Both of them run fine here after installing IE 6 final over the beta 2.