Receiving each email twice (exact copies) using my hotmail account

Receiving each email twice (exact copies) using my hotmail account

Post by Ahmud » Wed, 31 Dec 2003 06:36:14

I have a hotmail account and I use Outlook Express to send/receive emails
from it. My problem is that I receive two copies of the same email, in other
words I get the email twice at the same time. It is from the same person,
subjest and content so I am sure it is not a different one. For example, my
msn messenger displays a message saying i have three new emails, I goto
outlook express and it downloads 6 emails, 3 emails and exact copes of them
too.

What is this problem?

Post by PA Bea » Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:29:49

See http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/why.htm#dupes
--
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

Protect Your PC

> I have a hotmail account and I use Outlook Express to send/receive emails
> from it. My problem is that I receive two copies of the same email, in
> other words I get the email twice at the same time. It is from the same
> person, subjest and content so I am sure it is not a different one. For
> example, my msn messenger displays a message saying i have three new
> emails, I goto outlook express and it downloads 6 emails, 3 emails and
> exact copes of them too.

> What is this problem?

1. To create new use account at exact copy of current account.

Is there way to make new user account that exact copy of my current account?

When I create new user account, it will create default set up. And I have to
reset new user account from beginning.

There is copy option when I use Win98. But XP doesn't have copy
option to create new user account...

Only way that I can see is that copy files from my folders to new one by
Window Explorer. yet, I don't know this will work or not.

Any suggestion???
Thanx.............................. Matt K.

2. Themeui.dll

3. two copies of my e-mail sent from my hotmail account

4. Can I force WMP to open in my Media Library?

5. Non hotmail accounts send email fails when using a wireless router

6. XP Pro slowing down

7. hotmail neither send or receive to email to this email

8. speech recondition

9. Receiving email from several accounts and replying in the name of the account

10. OE with Multiple-hotmail accounts occasionally confuses which emails belong to which account.

11. when replying default account is used instead of the account received on

12. Receiving email from my mom's email account

13. Hotmail no longer allows email access via Outlook Express for free email accounts?