missing messages after updating Outlook express 6

missing messages after updating Outlook express 6

Post by KG » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 06:18:47

Hi,

after having updated Internet Explorer including Outlook Express 6, I cannot
find any longer the messages received and send before the update
Any idea?

Thanks

Karola

missing messages after updating Outlook express 6

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:52:59

Search your hard drive for the old DBX files and import them.  If they were
from OE5 use the OE6 option.  If you are using Win2K or WinXP you will have
to set your search to include hidden files and folders.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.

Quote:> Hi,

> after having updated Internet Explorer including Outlook Express 6, I
cannot
> find any longer the messages received and send before the update
> Any idea?

> Thanks

> Karola

1. Moving messages from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6 or Outlook XP

How do I get my old voluminous email from Outlook Express 4 into Outlook
Express 6 or Outlook XP so I can read it again?

My ISP's helpline tells me that it is impossible.

My old Windows '95 PC has Microsoft Outlook Express version 4 (actually
4.72.3120.0).

My new PC running under Windows XP for Home has Outlook Express version 6
and Outlook (which came with Microsoft Office XP).

I need to get all of my old email messages from Express 4 to either Express
6 or to Outlook and to get a small number of messages (erroneously
downloaded into Express 6) from Express 6 to Outlook.

I have copied all of my email messages from the old machine to the new but
cannot find any way of importing them into either Outlook Express 6 or
Outlook.

My version of Outlook does not have an import from Express 6: only Express
4.x and 5.x are mentioned.  If I use it for Express 6, it tells me that the
the right number of messages have been successfully imported but they
haven't.   If I try to import the copied Express 4 messages, it just tries
to load the Express 6 ones again, hardly surprising as it never asks for an
input pathname.

If I try to import into Express 6, it prompts for a pathname and when I type
the pathname where the copied Express 4 email folders are located, it says
there are no email messages there or that there may be another program
trying to access them which I should close (there isn't).

If, on the old PC, I use the export facility in Express 4, it simply says it
is exporting and doesn't tell me at the end what it has done with them.  If
I use 'Find' to search for files created or modified today, I cannot see any
obvious export file.

I cannot load Express 4 on the new PC from my Freeserve disk (as it
recognises that Express 6 is installed already) and I cannot load Express 6
or Outlook on the old PC as it is only Windows 95.

2. EMAILS -- CAN I STORE THEM ON CD?

3. Outlook Express changes HTML tags to HTML code if the Outlook Express header is missing

4. If I hold down the Shift key will auto run not work?

5. Import Outlook Express 5 messages in Outlook Express 6

6. audio/video card

7. How do I import messages from an Outlook Express v5 pst file into Outlook Express v6 ?

8. 16bits OCX with MSVC 1.52?

9. Outlook Express 6 downloading server messages to outlook express

10. How do I import messages from an Outlook Express v5 pst file into Outlook Express v6 ?

11. Outlook Express 5.5 to Outlook Express 6 - Messages Gone

12. saving messages in outlook express in a non-outlook express file

13. The trick: How to Import Messages from Outlook Express 5 to Outlook Express 6