outlook express email disappear

Post by milesleun » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:15:01

hi ...
My sent Item's size is 2GB, so i deleted some Message, then Compact the Sent
Item BOX, but some Message is disappear ,
what should i do ?
thanks
--
miles

outlook express email disappear

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP O » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:41:44

Quote:> hi ...
> My sent Item's size is 2GB, so i deleted some Message, then Compact
> the Sent Item BOX, but some Message is disappear ,
> what should i do ?
> thanks

DBXpress: ($25) http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

It's going to take a LONG time!
Don't store messages in OE's default folders.
Don't let DBX files get much larger than 100 MB.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email

outlook express email disappear

Post by Miles Leun » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:23:02

Dear Frank
Do you have other suggestion for repair the DBX File?
thanks
--
miles

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP O » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:00:55

> Dear Frank
> Do you have other suggestion for repair the DBX File?
> thanks

>>> hi ...
>>> My sent Item's size is 2GB, so i deleted some Message, then Compact
>>> the Sent Item BOX, but some Message is disappear ,
>>> what should i do ?
>>> thanks

>> DBXpress: ($25) http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

>> It's going to take a LONG time!
>> Don't store messages in OE's default folders.
>> Don't let DBX files get much larger than 100 MB.

There is no way to repair a DBX file.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

1. Email disappears from XP machines using Outlook Express

Hey, y'all.  We had a frustrating problem with Outlook Express.  Email
would just disappear from the user's mailbox.  New mail would come in,
but as soon as you click another folder, or close/reopen Outlook
Express, it would all disappear again.

Found the culprit to be McAfee.  If I activate the Internet Filter in
McAfee (we are using 4.5.1) then all the email in the folders would be
gone in an instant.  I also found that disabling the internet filter
didn't make any difference. Once this option had been enabled, I had
to uninstall/reinstall McAfee and NEVER activate the internet filter
to get the email to remain in the mailbox.

I'm posting this in case someone else out there is having the same
problem, coz this has been haunting me for a couple of months now.

2. log on error/THotkey

3. 4000 E-MAILS DISAPPEARED: OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6.0 SIZE LIMIT?

4. OPC with eVB/eVC++

5. Tranferring old emails in to outlook express from outlook express!

6. WinG SDK

7. "importing" previous/old outlook express email folders to outlook express 6.0

8. HexBin decoding?

9. Transferring email from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 5

10. Moving messages from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6 or Outlook XP

11. Outlook Express max # of email addresses per email

12. Imports e-mails & address Book from Pegues email application to Outlook Express 6.0

13. can't make outlook express default email app when send page by email