OE and regedit

Post by bearsbudd » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:04:05

I made a very bad decision and went into regedit to clear some things out.
Unfortunately, I have deleted some things that used to allow me to Block
Senders, but that no longer functions.

Can anyone tell me a quick fix or where to go to fix this stupidity?

TIA

Mark

OE and regedit

Post by Steve Cochra » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:34:29

Go to File | Identities and set up a new Identity.  That will generate a new
registry hive under the Identities key and it should work properly.  You can
then go to File | Import to get the stuff from the older Identity.

Next time back up the registry keys before you delete them.

steve

Quote:> I made a very bad decision and went into regedit to clear some things out.
> Unfortunately, I have deleted some things that used to allow me to Block
> Senders, but that no longer functions.

> Can anyone tell me a quick fix or where to go to fix this stupidity?

> TIA

> Mark

OE and regedit

Post by PA Bea » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:21:07

Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/sys...

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

> I made a very bad decision and went into regedit to clear some things out.
> Unfortunately, I have deleted some things that used to allow me to Block
> Senders, but that no longer functions.

> Can anyone tell me a quick fix or where to go to fix this stupidity?

> TIA

> Mark

1. Regedit problem / Probleme avec regedit

Bonjours, Hi...

I need to know a way to not receive the 'windows message' after you insert
something in the registry (regedit) via a .reg file..
When I dowubleclick on the .reg file, my registry came up to date, but I
receive a message.. How can I eliminate this message..???

J'ai besoin de connaitre une facon d'enlever le message qui apparait
automatiquement apres avoir mis a jour le registre (regedit) avec un fihier
.reg que j'execute.
Lorsque je click sur ce fichier .reg, mon registre se met a jour, mais je
recois toujours un message de confirmation, comment eliminer ce message ???

Thanks, Merci..

E-mail back..

2. W32.NIMDA.enc virus

3. problema en el regedit me cuelga el fs. problem in regedit freeze my fs

4. Transferring files from Win95 computer to XP computer

5. RegEdit Application Error using Export functionality (used RegEdit to delete keys?) - HELP

6. Using microsoft update

7. Regedit of removing automatic windows update

8. Help: Using Wininet with an FTP Proxy that requires Authentication

9. now shellbrowser is gone in regedit

10. RE regedit

11. Regedit Will Not Work

12. can't run regedit.exe!

13. Unable to save keys in regedit to favorites