borderless poppup windows broken in IE6

Post by Louis Martinez [MS » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 05:56:31

This behavior is by design as part of our recent security efforts.

--
Louis Martinez
Internet Explorer

purposes only.

Quote:> Hi guys,

> I've just noticed that borderless popup windows no-longer
> work in IE6.

> The code is:

> <script language="JavaScript">

> TheNewWin =window.open
> ("latest.htm",'TheNewpop','width=570,height=330,fullscreen
> =yes,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menub
> ar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no');

> TheNewWin.resizeTo(570,330);
> TheNewWin.moveTo(120,250);

> </script>

> It works fine in IE5.5, and possibly older builds of IE6,
> but in the latest version it opens the window fullscreen
> but doesn't resize or move it.

> Was this an intentional change? or is it a bug that's
> slipped in?

> Thanks

> Andrew

1. ie6: broken "open in new window" and broken drag and drop..

Ok... so all of a sudden IE6 cant open a link in a new window. It just
kinda stopped doing this, no new software was installed or anything,
it just crapped out. Also, there doesn't seem to be any more drag and
drop functionality. Before i could drag a link from one IE window to
another, now it wont let me.

I have tried the following fixes  for the link in new window problem:

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE5Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet....
didnt work.

regsvr32  urlmon.dll.... didnt work.

I am running IE 6.0.26, wk2 pro sp2.

any assistance would be appreciated.
thanks,
jack

2. Help with inbox and attachments

3. Protecting server from break-ins

4. Are you too scared to help on an Installer Error 1723 w/Nero

5. borderless and captionless windows?

6. Browser Quits on some sites

7. borderless window

8. Migrating from 2.11 to 2.12

9. Making borderless child windows

10. borderless and captionless windows?

11. 'IE6 SP2' windows update broke my MCE!

12. IE6 has broken windows explorer

13. IE6 SP1 broke window.open in embeded SVG files