Errors on Outlook express with Hotmail

Post by Stev » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 09:52:01

I purchase my Hotmail account so I have the advanced situation.  Everything
worked great until the other day.  I am able to send and receive e-mail from
other pop servers I have running but these are the errors I am getting with
hotmail...
1) It says it is unable to connect to the server and then I get these:

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.  Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 12029,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete.  Account:
'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What does this mean and what do I do?  Thanks

Errors on Outlook express with Hotmail

Post by Jim Pickerin » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:27:07

The message "0x800CCC0E" means that the server has failed.  That's not
uncommon with Hotmail and all you can do is try again later.  The problem
usually clears up in a few hours.  As you can see by the error message you
post, there is nothing indicated in the Server Response, i.e., it's
completely blank.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-117...

Quote:>I purchase my Hotmail account so I have the advanced situation.  Everything
> worked great until the other day.  I am able to send and receive e-mail
> from
> other pop servers I have running but these are the errors I am getting
> with
> hotmail...
> 1) It says it is unable to connect to the server and then I get these:

> Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.  Account: 'Hotmail',
> Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
> HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 12029,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

> Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete.  Account:
> 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
> Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
> Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

> What does this mean and what do I do?  Thanks

Errors on Outlook express with Hotmail

Post by PA Bea » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:37:27

If the problem doesn't automagically clear up, try this:

IE Tools > Internet Options >Privacy > Sites > type in

    hotmail.com

and Allow Cookies.

If still no joy, access your account at www.hotmail.com until it fixes
itself.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> I purchase my Hotmail account so I have the advanced situation.
> Everything worked great until the other day.  I am able to send and
> receive e-mail from other pop servers I have running but these are the
> errors I am getting with hotmail...
> 1) It says it is unable to connect to the server and then I get these:

> Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.  Account: 'Hotmail',
> Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
> HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

> Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete.  Account:
> 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
> Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
> Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

> What does this mean and what do I do?  Thanks

1. Hotmail & Outlook Express Error MSGS

I get this real weird experience trying to do Hotmail on OE6 and I have to
send/receive at least 3 times and always get the following error messages
before I finally get through.  Does anyone else get this and how can I
resolve it?  Please post replies here in this group - thnx:

The sequence of events is as follows:

1.    SEND/RECEIVE and I get this:

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.  Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF4

Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete.  Account:
'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp',
Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80042007

Click HIDE

2.    Click SEND/RECEIVE again and I get this:

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.  Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol:
HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80042007

Click HIDE

3.    Click SEND/RECEIVE a final time:

NO FURTHER ERRORS - DOWNLOAD COMPLETE

2. mouse.sys

3. Hotmail error: "This service does not work with Outlook Express"

4. Unable to preview JPEG Attachments

5. XP's Outlook Express Error for Hotmail account

6. Startup freez Norton autoprotect - mouse freezes

7. Error in outlook express for hotmail

8. Need help - Questions about NT 4.0 migration

9. Hotmail via Outlook Express = Unknown Error Code 80004005

10. Outlook Express + Hotmail. Error 0x800CCCF4 & 0x80042007

11. Outlook Express Error using hotmail

12. Hotmail error: "This service does not work with Outlook Express" - 2nd attempt

13. Cannot Send Error from Outlook Express through Hotmail 0x800CCC35