How to know what is the quote char?

Post by Alph » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:31:52

Given we use only ">" or "|" as valid quote char, then for each quote level at least from 1-20,
count the number of common quote characters like ">" and "|" (remember to skip spaces if exist
between quote characters when idenfity them at each level), and then the one most used at one level
is probably the quote character used at that level. First count only lines followed by same quote
level or CRLF (because this increase the chance it's quote character and not anything else), and if
then it's equal number of different quote characters, count all lines. If still same number, set ">"
as the quote character.

Anybody could find any problems with this one?

- Alpha

http://www.newsreaders.com/win/oe_wishes.html (scroll to bottom for link to the 100 most important).

How to know what is the quote char?

Post by Tom C. Koc » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:00:57

IIRC, you have blasted the OE programmers many times for their supposed
failure to abide by RFCs. Is there now some reason you are posting using a
ridiculously long line length when the RFCs clearly specify the length
should be not greater than 80 characters?

--

Outlook Express 5 FAQs:   www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE5/faqs
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----

Quote:> Given we use only ">" or "|" as valid quote char, then for each quote

level at least from 1-20,
Quote:> count the number of common quote characters like ">" and "|" (remember to

skip spaces if exist

How to know what is the quote char?

Post by Alph » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:25:02

Quote:> IIRC, you have blasted the OE programmers many times for their supposed
> failure to abide by RFCs. Is there now some reason you are posting using a
> ridiculously long line length when the RFCs clearly specify the length
> should be not greater than 80 characters?

Yes, Because I use OE, and OE wrap the quoted lines badly even if there is one link, and this is set
by the width. The failure is in OE. Is is ridicilous yes. Blame people at Microsoft. I can't do
anything about it as long as it wraps quoted lines wrong.

- Alpha

1. Magic Engine - I know, I know, I am cross-posting.

Magic Engine - I know, I know, I am cross-posting.

I am hoping that someone might have a copy of the latest version of Magic
Engine (ver 0.9.8).  It is just about the best TurboGrafX-16 Emulator there
is.  I don't even need the entire thing.  I just need a copy of the
"PCE.KEY" file that unlocks it.  I have searched IRC and the internet far
and wide for it and I can't find it.

Please help me

Thanks,
Patrick

2. 3.51 to 4.0 registry question

3. Why do you have to hit double-quote space to get double-quote

4. windows p.i number?

5. UNICODE char -> TCHAR okay, typedef unsigned char Str255[256] - How?

6. internet windows

7. char[100] to CString and CString to char[100] again

8. Take A Look

9. I know I am running XP, but they don't think so.

10. Clock doesn't know if it's AM or PM

11. i don't know i am doing with my printer

12. eVB - ListView Control - AM I A MORON or DOES No one know the answer???

13. I Know I am not Crazy Please Help!!!