turn off auto image resizing from web page (jave?)

turn off auto image resizing from web page (jave?)

Post by Suni » Mon, 08 Jul 2002 00:36:29

I have a photo oriented web site that is totally spoiled by the
idiotic new feature in IE6 that reduces images to fit on the screen.
I have a note on the page that tells users to turn off image resizing
but I suspect that most don't or don't want to bother.

How can I disable this feature from within my web page?  Is there a
java script that prevents the resizing from occurring?

Thanks

1. turning off "Automatic Image Resizing" in HTML

I have pages which link to larger than the screen images.  When the user
clicks on the link I WANT it image to be larger than the screen.  I don't
mind if the user can resize it after the fact but my particular images were
designed to be scrolled across.

Is there some tag I can add to the link that will make IE6 NOT re-scale the
image by default?

Here's an example page

http://www.greggman.com/gallery/photos/2001-03-16-a.htm

Clicking on the image is supposed to give the user a panorama but under IE6
since by default it gets auto-resized the user does not get what I wish him
to get.  Nor is the average user going to even notice that they could
"un-resize" the image and get the panorama they were supposed to get.

I understand that *usually* the user would want a resized image in the
typical case but NOT in this case.

2. Unattended Dial Up Networking

3. I need to turn off IE 6 resizing images loaded

4. response to reinstall OE which didn't work

5. How to turn off image resize on IE 6?

6. auto answer in modem

7. how to turn off the image resize dialog when emailing pictures in XP

8. Intranet y Windows NT

9. auto-resize image in web browser

10. Turning off sounds/music that automatically start when you visit a web page?

11. How to turn off auto clicking or auto open

12. can you turn off the auto monitor off

13. Turning Off 'auto log-off'