things are looking up

Post by Robi » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:48:56

This is on TechTV:

Once you install IE6 SP1 (which is inside of Windows XP
SP1), Outlook Express will automatically block certain
types of attachments. It's about time! If you're feeling
lucky, you can turn this off by clicking Tools, Options,
Security, and then the entry labeled "Do not allow
attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially
be a virus." Again, I recommend that people keep the
check mark in this option.

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/shownotes/story/0,24330,
3399415,00.html

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Thank you microsoft - my java now works and computer
>running much faster.  Now, if you could just fix my
>outlook express so that I can open attachments and get
my
>task bar back, I'll be a happy camper!!!!!!
>.

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. Need Help with Gateway Service to NetWare

3. recv function not detecting network disconnection

4. Board up-grade - am I doing the right thing

5. video capture and output to TV

6. I AM GOD, CAPABLE OF ALL THINGS, except...

7. New installation of windows xp

8. Another thing on pop-ups?

9. "pop ups" even when i am not online???

10. After reinstall things look different.

11. Things are Looking a Little Better

12. What's the darn thing looking for ?