Sending emails from IE6 without using Outlook 2003 and using OE ...

Sending emails from IE6 without using Outlook 2003 and using OE ...

Post by D. Bes » Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:08:18

Hi ... I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003.  I am using OE for
my mail server.  When I attempt to send a webpage or link from IE6 ... I get
a message saying that Outlook mail has not been set up and then will not
allow me to send the page or link.  I do not intend to use Outlook 2003 and
plan to continue using OE ... how can I get IE6 to send emails?  Been
checking internet and MS and haven't been able to find a solution.  Thanks.

doug
--
                         -d. best-
Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

Sending emails from IE6 without using Outlook 2003 and using OE ...

Post by Alia » Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:12:40

Open IE. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab and check to see what
your default email program is there and change it to OE.

Alias

Quote:

> Hi ... I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003.  I am using OE for
> my mail server.  When I attempt to send a webpage or link from IE6 ... I
get
> a message saying that Outlook mail has not been set up and then will not
> allow me to send the page or link.  I do not intend to use Outlook 2003
and
> plan to continue using OE ... how can I get IE6 to send emails?  Been
> checking internet and MS and haven't been able to find a solution.
Thanks.

> doug
> --
>                          -d. best-
> Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

Sending emails from IE6 without using Outlook 2003 and using OE ...

Post by D. Bes » Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:33:32

Alias ... you are a life saver ... your solution solved the problem ... I am
forever in your debt  :-) ... thanks

doug

--
                         -d. best-
Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

> Open IE. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab and check to see what
> your default email program is there and change it to OE.

> Alias

> > Hi ... I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003.  I am using OE
for
> > my mail server.  When I attempt to send a webpage or link from IE6 ... I
> get
> > a message saying that Outlook mail has not been set up and then will not
> > allow me to send the page or link.  I do not intend to use Outlook 2003
> and
> > plan to continue using OE ... how can I get IE6 to send emails?  Been
> > checking internet and MS and haven't been able to find a solution.
> Thanks.

> > doug
> > --
> >                          -d. best-
> > Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

Sending emails from IE6 without using Outlook 2003 and using OE ...

Post by Alia » Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:53:21

You're welcome.

Alias

> Alias ... you are a life saver ... your solution solved the problem ... I
am
> forever in your debt  :-) ... thanks

> doug

> --
>                          -d. best-
> Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

> > Open IE. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab and check to see what
> > your default email program is there and change it to OE.

> > Alias

> > > Hi ... I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003.  I am using OE
> for
> > > my mail server.  When I attempt to send a webpage or link from IE6 ...
> > get
> > > a message saying that Outlook mail has not been set up and then will
not
> > > allow me to send the page or link.  I do not intend to use Outlook
2003
> > and
> > > plan to continue using OE ... how can I get IE6 to send emails?  Been
> > > checking internet and MS and haven't been able to find a solution.
> > Thanks.

> > > doug
> > > --
> > >                          -d. best-
> > > Exercise Your Mind, Body & Freedoms

1. Outlook sends emails twice if Sent To|Mail Recipient is used

Using Microsoft Outlook I have found the following repoducable bug:

When I send an email by right-clicking on a file in Windows Explorer and
select "Send to" and then "Mail  Recipient", Outlook Express sends the email
imediately. By press 'send' I get a pop-up window showing the progress.

After a while when the mail is still in the middle of being sent (1000k
attachments), Outlook Express is starting its internal "Send and Receive
Mails" displaying 'sending mail' in the status bar, and unfortunately,
sending the same email twice.

I've searched a lot on google, and found a lot of people experiencing the
same error, but no one had found a solution yet.

If I only compose a new email from Outlook Express and never
right-click and select Sent To|Mail Recipient from Windows Explorer
then I don't have the problem. Its a pain because I used to use winzip
to zip and email a file in one go and now I need to do it in two
steps, but its the best I can do until Microsoft fixes this bug...

The Source of the problem is easiliy determined. Sent To|Mail Recipient
opens a seperate Outlook Express window and pressing send, sends the message
in a seperate process, not in outlook express. But the message is placed in
the
Outbox, so that it is sent if "Send and Receive all" is pressed (or
triggered automatically every two minutes as in my outllok).

Unfortunately, the email is now sent twice and you can even watch the two
windows showing the progress of the two identical messages being sent.

This is an easy to reproduce bug - so maybe someone knows a solution.

Regards,
Sebastian

2. review of fax

3. Howto install IE6 WITHOUT Outlook express during Windows 2003 install?

4. Convert WM9 to AVI

5. Using OE to send email with Eudora as default email on system

6. Good Video Card

7. handwriting mail sent from Outlook 2003 to OE

8. hard drive with winxp installed moved to new computer

9. E-mail attachments preventing Send in OE6 and Outlook 2003

10. Cant Send Voice using ICS and Norton NIS 2003

11. Using Outlook 2003 Contacts in OE6 no way?

12. Recover Outlook Express Settings & Email without Using Export

13. cannot send e-mail using OE