Internet Explorer Open/Save dialog box fails to open

Internet Explorer Open/Save dialog box fails to open

Post by clusterbuste » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:12:32

When downloading a file with IE I no longer get the
open/save dialog box - I unfortunatey clicked a check box
somewhere and now files are automatically opened instead
of the open/save dialog box - Any ideas or tips on how to
restore default functionality greatly appreciated
tia

Internet Explorer Open/Save dialog box fails to open

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:31:47

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to the file type in question and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Place a check mark in the box for "Confirm open after download".

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.

Quote:> When downloading a file with IE I no longer get the