Removing an Idenity

Post by Ron Boetg » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 23:49:08

For one of my customers I set up a new identity. They were having
problems with the original identity locking up all the time.

I made the blonder of all blunders.  I forgot the password.

How can I delete this identity?

Thanks

Ron

Removing an Idenity

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:54:12

Go to Start | Run and type

regedit

and click OK or press <Enter>.  Navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities.

Click each GUID in turn and figure out which one is the one you don't want
by reading in the right pane.  Export that key (highlight it in the left
pane and click Registry | Export) and then right click it and Delete it.

Reboot and make sure that the other Identities still work.  If they all do,
you can now delete the REG file and its DBX files.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.

Quote:> For one of my customers I set up a new identity. They were having