Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

Post by J. Dannie » Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:54:36

Hi everyone.

I need a graphic image of the Outlook Express 6 splash screen.

I've tried to get a screen capture of it, but it appears so quickly, I
gave up trying.  I felt foolish doing it!  :-)

Is there a graphics image file of it in Windows somewhere?  If so,
what is its name, and where in Windows XP Professional would it be
located?

Thank you very much!

Please remove the number 4
from the Reply To e-mail address
if you want to reply privately.
Thank you very much.  Jack Danniel

Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

Post by Bezonian » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:50:00

Hi - I just captured this for you but was unable to send it to you by email
(unknown address).  Give me your 'proper' email address and I can send it to
you.  (My email address is this one minus the "NO_SPAM_" at the beginning)

--
For better emails, use Outlook Express

Quote:> Hi everyone.

> I need a graphic image of the Outlook Express 6 splash screen.

> I've tried to get a screen capture of it, but it appears so quickly, I
> gave up trying.  I felt foolish doing it!  :-)

> Is there a graphics image file of it in Windows somewhere?  If so,
> what is its name, and where in Windows XP Professional would it be
> located?

> Thank you very much!

> Please remove the number 4
> from the Reply To e-mail address
> if you want to reply privately.
> Thank you very much.  Jack Danniel

Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

Post by J. Dannie » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:44:33

Hi.  Thank you.

I appreciate uploading the screen shot, but I still would like to know
where the image for it is located in Windows XP.

Quote:>Hi - I just captured this for you but was unable to send it to you by email
>(unknown address).  Give me your 'proper' email address and I can send it to
>you.  (My email address is this one minus the "NO_SPAM_" at the beginning)

Remove the number 4 to reply via e-mail.
[I include that info in my default siganture.  See below. :-)]

Please remove the number 4
from the Reply To e-mail address
if you want to reply privately.
Thank you very much.  Jack Danniel

Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

Post by Tom Koc » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 04:05:13

Quote:> Hi everyone.

> I need a graphic image of the Outlook Express 6 splash screen.

> I've tried to get a screen capture of it, but it appears so quickly, I
> gave up trying.  I felt foolish doing it!  :-)

> Is there a graphics image file of it in Windows somewhere?  If so,
> what is its name, and where in Windows XP Professional would it be
> located?

It's embedded in msoeres.dll in the OE Program Files folder.

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch - MVP for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express

Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

Post by J. Dannie » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 05:06:24

Thanks.  Any way of unembedding it?  Or is that more trouble than it's
worth?

Quote:>It's embedded in msoeres.dll in the OE Program Files folder.

Please remove the number 4
from the Reply To e-mail address
if you want to reply privately.
Thank you very much.  Jack Danniel

Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

Post by Tom Koc » Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:51:47

Quote:> Thanks.  Any way of unembedding it?  Or is that more trouble than it's
> worth?

Search Google for ResHacker, a freeware utility. Those embedded images
are copyrighted though.