Bad request errors and incorrect 'page does not exist' errors

Bad request errors and incorrect 'page does not exist' errors

Post by nowond » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 08:27:54

Have recently installed I.E.5.1 on my DP G4 running OS9.2.2 and cannt
acces known pages and getting loads od 'Bad Request' erros..

For example

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Versio...

I get a page that says this page does not exist!!

Please help as I have no Flash or Shockwave and it like I'm all
dressed up with nowhere to go!

TX

Steve

Bad request errors and incorrect 'page does not exist' errors

Post by Mickey Steven » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 00:24:21

All of the sudden, I've seen several incidents of the same EXACT site not
working for several people on different computer systems.  Yet I can access
the site on my OS 9.0.4 system with IE 5.0.

You should be able to download from this link directly:
<http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/flash/english/macppc/6.0...
flashplayer6_macppc.bin>

I'll see what I can find on this sudden epidemic.  It must be limited to IE
5.1 - all users having the problem are using that version.

On 7/4/02 6:27 PM, in article

--
Please post replies to this message within the thread instead of e-mailing
them to me.  Thanks!

1. 'Error On Page' and 'White' pages in IE6 - Possible Solution

After upgrading from Windows 98 to XP SP1 and IE6 SP1, I
found I had a number of problems which could be traced to
having Norton System Works Pro loaded in Windows 98
before I upgraded - the morale - try to upgrade
as 'clean' as possible and make sure you unistall any
anti virus software before doing so and upgrade all your
drivers and use XP friendly software where possible.

Anyway, after fixing a number of IE6 problems by
reloading XP from the CD ROM and reinstalling all the
upgades over the web, I found another small but very
annoying problem that would stop me accessing my bank
account log on pages and other pages which would even
stop me posting a message in this newsgroup! - I would
get an (!)'error on page' alert in the IE6 status bar on
the bottom left of the page where the 'done' normally
appears and double clicking on that brought up the
error:'specified module could not be found' on most
problem pages and 'gnav_bgcolor is undefined' on another
page.  A page would normally appera but it was a white
page and could not be clicked or accessed in any way.  I
tried using all the troubleshooting suggestions in
KB813444 with no luck but finally found a search hit on
Google which suggested I reregister URLMON.DLL - (Start,
Run, type in regsvr32 urlmon.dll ENTER then exit to quit
the command prompt).  It worked!  The hit also suggested
that Norton Internet Security be uninstalled/reinstalled
as well, but I didn't have to do so.  No guarantees
either of these solutions will work in your case, but I'm
hoping this post might save some people a lot of the
searching and blood,sweat and tears I've had over the
last week trying to solve this problem.  Good luck.  'He
who persists wins, but can get a hell of a lot older in
the process!'

P.S.  I hope MS might update KB813444 to include
URLMON.DLL in the reregister section, if it is
appropriate.

2. MS Windows 32-Bit File Access Meta-FAQ

3. 'Done, but with errors on page'

4. Wanna write a program to upload files to a pocketPC using ActiveSync.

5. 'Page Cannot be displayed' error on https pages

6. ESS Modem On Hold Utility 2.0

7. Getting 'error on page' on my internet banking login page

8. Incorrect Hard drive Size for 80 Gb Maxtor

9. Apache JServ error: Status: 400 Bad Request Servlet-Error: Malformed data sent to JServ

10. Network Config Error: 'Parameter is incorrect' ??

11. Problem with 'net send' - got 'message alias not found' error

12. 'Bad Image' Media Player error message

13. 'Bad image' error message on MS Media Player