Cookies don't persist across restarts

Post by Richard Tenc » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:35:22

Hi. Cookies get saved OK. I can even quit IE and start it up again, and
they1re still there. But once I restart OS X, the cookies are lost.

Quote:> OS X 10.1
> IE 5.2.2

I1ve really tried to figure it out ? searched the web to find out where
cookies are stored... Checked this news group, no luck. Mactopia had help
info for IE 4.5 and 5.1, but nothing for 5.2! And the server was down when I
tried to search the KB! (I know all this is irrelevant, but I just wanted
you to know I1ve been trying!)

--Richard

Cookies don't persist across restarts

Post by Nodg » Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:19:58

I have the exact same problem, and have found nothing helping it.
Cookies, AutoFill, and even my HomePage disappear. I need this to be
solved or I'll have to change browsers... uhg.

> Hi. Cookies get saved OK. I can even quit IE and start it up again, and
> they1re still there. But once I restart OS X, the cookies are lost.

> > OS X 10.1
> > IE 5.2.2

> I1ve really tried to figure it out ? searched the web to find out where
> cookies are stored... Checked this news group, no luck. Mactopia had help
> info for IE 4.5 and 5.1, but nothing for 5.2! And the server was down when I
> tried to search the KB! (I know all this is irrelevant, but I just wanted
> you to know I1ve been trying!)

> --Richard

> --

1. Solution to Lost Cookies/Prefs Across OS X Restarts

I called Microsoft about the problem of losing cookies across OS X restarts.

The cookies are stored in
<home>:library:preferences:com.apple.internetconfig.plist .

The tech had me delete that file, along with com.microsoft.explorer.plist

This solved the problem, though I have had to start over with all my cookies
and preferences.

--Richard

2. Outlook Express STILL deletes attachments

3. The Power Management Settings I Apply Don't Persist

4. SHDOCLC.DLL ERROR MESSAGE

5. IE6 Cookies don't work with special server's name

6. How to develop Handwriting Recognition Software for Windows CE Handheld PC

7. Don't want cookies - tired of clickin' "no"

8. HP SCANJET 2100C

9. 95 hangs on 'Restart Computer' and 'Restart in MS Dos'

10. Cookies don't stay enabled

11. Cookies don't work in frames?

12. cookies and history don't work

13. cookie changes don't hold (v5.2, OSX)