IE locks up for 10 seconds when redirecting using the address bar.

IE locks up for 10 seconds when redirecting using the address bar.

Post by Telo » Thu, 20 May 2004 17:29:06

If i open a new window and type an address into the address bar, it locks my
IE6 up for about 10 seconds before moving onto the site i've typed in.

It started doing this a week or so ago, it happens regardless of how many
windows i have open, i just have problems when changing the webpage via the
address bar.

I'd guess it's proberly something in the registry...

Done AV checks.......... done spyware checks...... deleted temps
files.......

Any ideas people?

Thanx for any help anyone can offer!!

^_^ T ^_^

IE locks up for 10 seconds when redirecting using the address bar.

Post by Steve Cochra » Thu, 20 May 2004 19:19:44

This isn't exactly the same problem, but check www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx and see if you URL HTTP Protocol is correct.

steve

> If i open a new window and type an address into the address bar, it locks my
> IE6 up for about 10 seconds before moving onto the site i've typed in.

> It started doing this a week or so ago, it happens regardless of how many
> windows i have open, i just have problems when changing the webpage via the
> address bar.

> I'd guess it's proberly something in the registry...

> Done AV checks.......... done spyware checks...... deleted temps
> files.......

> Any ideas people?

> Thanx for any help anyone can offer!!

> ^_^ T ^_^

IE locks up for 10 seconds when redirecting using the address bar.

Post by Telo » Fri, 21 May 2004 04:06:44

No joy.......

Thanx for the reply though matey!!

This isn't exactly the same problem, but check www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx and
see if you URL HTTP Protocol is correct.

steve

Quote:> If i open a new window and type an address into the address bar, it locks
my
> IE6 up for about 10 seconds before moving onto the site i've typed in.

> It started doing this a week or so ago, it happens regardless of how many
> windows i have open, i just have problems when changing the webpage via
the
> address bar.

> I'd guess it's proberly something in the registry...

> Done AV checks.......... done spyware checks...... deleted temps
> files.......

> Any ideas people?

> Thanx for any help anyone can offer!!

> ^_^ T ^_^

IE locks up for 10 seconds when redirecting using the address bar.

Post by Steve Cochra » Fri, 21 May 2004 20:39:26

Well, you can try reinstalling.

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q318378

steve

> No joy.......

> Thanx for the reply though matey!!

> This isn't exactly the same problem, but check www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx and
> see if you URL HTTP Protocol is correct.

> steve

>> If i open a new window and type an address into the address bar, it locks
> my
>> IE6 up for about 10 seconds before moving onto the site i've typed in.

>> It started doing this a week or so ago, it happens regardless of how many
>> windows i have open, i just have problems when changing the webpage via
> the
>> address bar.

>> I'd guess it's proberly something in the registry...

>> Done AV checks.......... done spyware checks...... deleted temps
>> files.......

>> Any ideas people?

>> Thanx for any help anyone can offer!!

>> ^_^ T ^_^

1. PC locks up for ~10 seconds while starting audio (or video w/ audio)

My pc was working great, I could play media files perfectly.. Then I
installed WMP7. After running it, I noticed it would lock up for about 10
seconds when loading media files (when it loads the decompressor). I
uninstalled WMP7 and installed 6.4, I still noticed the prob. I reinstalled
7, then I uninstalled 7 but chose to uninstall all the codecs, I then went
to win98 setup in add/remove programs in control panel, I removed the audio
codecs there. I reinstalled wmp 6.4, this fixed most of the problems. Thing
is, I'm still having problems with PCM/WAV files, if I load a WAV, or MPEG
with audio, or any file with PCM audio, it will lock up for 10 seconds. I
can play WAVS fine in SNDREC32, so I dont think its the PCM codec. WMP6.4
plays the sound using DirectSound, I ran DXDIAG and did a DirectSound test
and it was fine, but what I did notice is the DirectMusic test using
Microsoft Sythnesizer seems to lock up for 10 seconds also, so I decided to
reinstall DX7 (dont even want to bother with DX8 until i get this fixed)...
that didnt fix it. This is really annoying, just to show you how annoying,
if I go to sincerelybill.com, a site that lets you add words together to
make bill clinton say stuff, when I press Say Sentence, it says 1 word at a
time because it locks up between each sound it plays (it uses flash, im not
sure how flash handles pcm decoding)... if anyone knows how to fix this
without formatting please reply

Thanks a lot!

--

Robert DeFusco

2. removing OS/2 files?

3. IE freezes for 120 seconds after 10 successive form submissions

4. How to capture from camera and capture data stream?

5. IE takes about 10+ seconds to open

6. Cursor gone and can't shutdown

7. how to Lock the address bar, standard buttons, links bar and file menu

8. can not find server

9. 10 Second delay in IE opening

10. CE.Net: QueryPerformanceCounter() with Geode - when is 10 seconds not ten seconds?

11. Help: win95 freeze 10 seconds then unfreeze 2 seconds

12. Java Problem with IE 5.2.2 using Mac OS 10.1.5

13. I.E. 6 Using control+enter from address bar