IE6 update (Q818529) kills print and print-preview.

IE6 update (Q818529) kills print and print-preview.

Post by Jame » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:41:41

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 303486 stated that the
problem happens with other versions, but the page prints
properly.

I get the same error and the page will not print at all.
I looked for the preview file mentioned in the error
message and it does not exist:
An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 1210
Char: 1
Error: Unspecified error.
Code: 0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

James

1. ie6 wont print, print preview, open new window and drag & drop - solution

Folks,

I'm posting this because I've seen a number of people post this problem on a
variety of newsgroups, but google searching doesn't have any threads that
provide an answer.

In addition to the problems listed in the subject line, the computer also
will not permit access to the disk defragmenter, or disk management
snap-ins.
Print or print preview gives the error Line:228 Char:1Error:
'dialogArguments.__IE_PrintType' is null or not an object Code:0
URL:res://F:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

The problem is that access to DCOM has been restricted, and this can be
fixed using either DCOMCNFG (W2K) or Component Services (WXP).
For XP, do the following:
1. Go to Component Services/Computers/My Computer.
2. Right click, Properties. Select Default COM Security tab and in Access
Permissions click Edit Default.
3. In the Group or user names box you should have both SYSTEM and
INTERACTIVE.
4. Add them if you do not by clicking the Add button.
5. To see the users to add click Advanced then Find Now.

On W2K running DCOMCNFG will bring you right in at step 2.

I hope this is helpful to others and I'd like to point out that I didn't
find this solution and I'm very grateful to the person that told me of it.

J.T.
--
James Talbut, MCSD, MCDBA. Head of Technology
CAST Systems Limited, 2 Pembroke Avenue, Waterbeach, Cambridge, CB5 9QR

2. Temporary files buffer - ideal size?

3. Print & print preview not responding in IE6

4. Need help syncing and/or loading apps.

5. print or print-preview IE5 crash, Mac OS9

6. IE6 doesnt open .dat files using associated program

7. Print/Print Preview

8. CFormView and Dialog Units

9. Print Preview template messes up printed JPGs

10. ie 5.5- NO PRINT nor print preview

11. Print and Print Preview script error message - help req'd

12. Print Preview templates: expando document objects no longer available in print template?

13. Graphics are visible in print preview but are blank when printed :-((