IE6 hangs

Post by johnn » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:30:03

when multiple windows open, IE6 hangs.  Help!!

IE6 hangs

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP, IE/O » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 19:45:34

IE* is often caused by buggy video drivers.  Check the site for your
video board manufacturer.  Meanwhile you can do the following:
1.  Use the default mouse pointers.
2.  Turn down your color depth.  (Right click the desktop and choose
Properties | Appearance | Settings)  Some people find that increasing color
depth helps.
3.  Turn down your graphics hardware acceleration.  (Start | Settings |
Control Panel | System | Performance | Graphics button)  You will see
little, if any, performance degradation.
4.  Turn off your desktop wallpaper.

If these make the problem go away you need new video drivers.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please Reply to Newsgroup

Quote:> when multiple windows open, IE6 hangs.  Help!!

IE6 hangs

Post by paul » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:32:10

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>when multiple windows open, IE6 hangs.  Help!!
>.
>Johnny

I've been having same problem, is it when popup ads come
up or multiple windows.  A guy emailed me I got adaware
and cleaned off all the spyware, more specifically gator,
and have not had the problem since I've been on ie for
about 30 minutes now without any problems try it.  I
could not get ride of gator without the adaware program
it was write protected.

1. ie6 hangs on page

I have a problem with ie6 freezing for 10 - 30 seconds.
I click a link and get there fast, the whole page is
loaded and then it freezes, sometimes just that window,
sometimes the system. This lasts for anywhere between 10-
30 seconds.
I had 5.5 and upgraded to 6.0, ever since then its been
crap.
Sys info: xp home, 900mhz, 640 ram, cable modem, linksys
router.

Help!!!

2. So much for progress

3. IE6 hangs when DUN is accessed

4. netscape gold

5. IE6 hangs when entering data in web pages

6. registry to be saved in a permenant storage

7. IE6 Hangs when engaged....100% CPU usage

8. network cards

9. IE6 hanging?! FOUND FULL SOLUTION!

10. IE6 hangs after successful web updates

11. IE6 hangs when I organize favorites

12. IE6 hangs

13. IE6 hangs - does not detect DSL connection