Viewing Contacts via view pane

Post by JMF » Mon, 20 May 2002 02:22:05

When I first began using Outlook Express, my Contacts (in the Address Book)
were also conveniently displayed in a small view pane below the Folder List.
Those Contacts are no longer in the Contacts view pane, although my Address
Book is full of contacts/e-addresses.

I know that on the View>Layout dialogue box, I can turn on & off this view
pane of Contacts.  I've done that, thinking/hoping it would refresh the
list, but it doesn't work.  There is also a drop-down option on this
Contacts view, for *Adding* a new Contact.  I've experimented with that, and
doing so adds a new Contact in my Address Book, but still, even this newly
created contact doesn't show in the Contacts view pane.

I don't know if there's a setting I'm missing, or what?

--

John M. Fischer
  Portland, Oregon, USA

Viewing Contacts via view pane

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Mon, 20 May 2002 20:05:56

If you have more than 1,000 contacts in your Address Book the Contacts Pane
will be blank.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.

Quote:> When I first began using Outlook Express, my Contacts (in the Address
> Book) were also conveniently displayed in a small view pane below the
> Folder List. Those Contacts are no longer in the Contacts view pane,
> although my Address Book is full of contacts/e-addresses.

> I know that on the View>Layout dialogue box, I can turn on & off this
> view pane of Contacts.  I've done that, thinking/hoping it would
> refresh the list, but it doesn't work.  There is also a drop-down
> option on this Contacts view, for *Adding* a new Contact.  I've
> experimented with that, and doing so adds a new Contact in my Address
> Book, but still, even this newly created contact doesn't show in the
> Contacts view pane.

> I don't know if there's a setting I'm missing, or what?

> John M. Fischer
>   Portland, Oregon, USA

1. 2 minutes to load if Contact pane is in the view layout

If  I have the contact pane open in the view layout on the bottom left of my
screen, OE takes about 2 minutes to load.  If I open the address book from
its button, I can edit, create, save, anything that I want to do, but if I
try to 'right click - properties' on an entry in the contacts pane, I have
to wait a couple of minutes for it to open up.  If I close the 'Contacts'
pane, OE opens quickly and works as expected.  Any suggestions?

PS - this happened last week, and then seems to fix itself, but now the
problem is back.

2. close other apps

3. How to view 2 view classes with 2 panes (with a splitter)

4. Mounting a mac drive with windows 95

5. Slow list view and details view - Explorer creating thumbnails in list view

6. Change MP3 to wav

7. New contacts fail to appear in Contacts Pane of OE6

8. Help on lingo (macromind director)

9. Where is Info Center View Pane in WMP 9?

10. automatically download message when viewed in preview pane

11. unable to view in preview pane

12. Explorer does not show folder view anymore (grey pane).

13. Can't view message body in preview pane or separate window