Unable to print within Outlook Express

Post by mike » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:54:16

I'm getting a frustrating problem with Outlook Express when I try to print
any email etc.  When I hit the print button, I get the following error:

"An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 1344
Char: 1
Error: Unspecified error
Code: 0

Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page Y/N?"

Selecting yes or no has no effect.  I have tried using the add/remove
programs in WinXP to remove and then reinstall Outlook Express but to no
avail.

I'm running Windows XP (SP2) and Outlook Express version  6.00.2900.2180

Is there a fix for this or am I looking at reinstalling Windows completely?

Mike.

Post by Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:20:33

> I'm getting a frustrating problem with Outlook Express when I try to print
> any email etc.  When I hit the print button, I get the following error:

> "An error has occurred in the script on this page

> Line: 1344
> Char: 1
> Error: Unspecified error
> Code: 0

> Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page Y/N?"

> Selecting yes or no has no effect.  I have tried using the add/remove
> programs in WinXP to remove and then reinstall Outlook Express but to no
> avail.

> I'm running Windows XP (SP2) and Outlook Express version  6.00.2900.2180

> Is there a fix for this or am I looking at reinstalling Windows
> completely?

> Mike.

Try this (IE/OE closed).
Start -> Run -> Type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" (without quotes) in the box -> Ok.
See: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#12

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft? MVP - Most Valuable Professional

Unable to print within Outlook Express

Post by mike » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:24:14

Quote:> Try this (IE/OE closed).
> Start -> Run -> Type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" (without quotes) in the box ->
> Ok.
> See: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#12

> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft? MVP - Most Valuable Professional
> Windows - Internet Explorer since 2003
> My home: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> My Blog:  http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Perfect!  Thank you very much Vincenzo.

Unable to print within Outlook Express

Post by DGues » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:28:31

START | Run

type in

regsvr32 ole32.dll

press ENTER.  Have seen that fix it.

Quote:> I'm getting a frustrating problem with Outlook Express when I try to print

Post by Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:49:48

>> Try this (IE/OE closed).
>> Start -> Run -> Type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" (without quotes) in the box ->
>> Ok.
>> See: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#12

>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft? MVP - Most Valuable Professional
>> Windows - Internet Explorer since 2003
>> My home: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> My Blog:  http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

> Perfect!  Thank you very much Vincenzo.

YW. Glad to help and thanks for the feedback, mike.