Opening forwarded attachments in OE6

Post by <Len.. » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 02:20:20

When I receive an Email from somebody that has been forwarded many times, I
have to keep opening every forwarded message until I get to the original
one.
I used to use AOL and all the forwards were listed right in the same Email.
Now with Outlook Express 6 I have to go through the process of each one
asking me if I want to open it or save it to disk. I have just been opening
them right up over and over. I just want to get right to the first mail (the
one the sender inteded me to see)
Thank you,
Feel free to Email me the answer if you wish or reply to the group.
Thanks,
Ed in South Jersey

Opening forwarded attachments in OE6

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:09:49

Press Ctrl-F3 while viewing the message.  If the original message was a text
message you will be able to read it.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.

> When I receive an Email from somebody that has been forwarded many times,
> have to keep opening every forwarded message until I get to the original
> one.
> I used to use AOL and all the forwards were listed right in the same
Email.
> Now with Outlook Express 6 I have to go through the process of each one
> asking me if I want to open it or save it to disk. I have just been
opening
> them right up over and over. I just want to get right to the first mail
(the
> one the sender inteded me to see)
> Thank you,
> Feel free to Email me the answer if you wish or reply to the group.
> Thanks,
> Ed in South Jersey

Opening forwarded attachments in OE6

Post by Marly » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:14:08

Ed,

That is SO frustrating indeed.

Highlight the message then hit Ctrl/F3, it will open the message in another
grey window, scroll to find what was sent I get lots of them, have asked
friends not to do it, but they still do. Some are older folks and just don't
seem to be able to work the copy/paste. (-:

--
*** MARLYA ***

www.thejewelrysolution.com
When I receive an Email from somebody that has been forwarded many times, I
have to keep opening every forwarded message until I get to the original
one.
I used to use AOL and all the forwards were listed right in the same Email.
Now with Outlook Express 6 I have to go through the process of each one
asking me if I want to open it or save it to disk. I have just been opening
them right up over and over. I just want to get right to the first mail (the
one the sender inteded me to see)
Thank you,
Feel free to Email me the answer if you wish or reply to the group.
Thanks,
Ed in South Jersey

Opening forwarded attachments in OE6

Post by <Len.. » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:39:38

Thanks for the Info.

Opening forwarded attachments in OE6

Post by Ron Bogar » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:22:49

Now you know the reason most internet people have a bad taste in their mouth when they speak of AOL Users!  Click...Click...Click...Get used to it .

--
Ron Bogart  ???
Associate Expert