Need IE 4.01 SP2 urgently

Post by Jorgen grundstro » Wed, 16 May 2001 21:13:40

I have a need to get hold of Internet Explorer 4.01 (SP2) that has the version
number 4.72.3612.1713 a.s.a.p. for testing purposes. If i try to download the
small installation file fron any place, even Microsoft it won't connect at all,
no matter what computer i use at any location that i tried.

So if anyone know or has the full browser version of IE 4.01 (SP2) i would
appreciate if you could post a link where can download it or otherwise mail me
about it.

Appreciate the help in advance

/Jorgen Grundstrom

Need IE 4.01 SP2 urgently

Post by Srin » Fri, 18 May 2001 06:09:33

Jorden,

I need IE 4.0 too, did you get hold of it? Please mail me the URL from where I
can download it from if you have.

Thanks!

-Srini

Quote:-----Original Message-----

I have a need to get hold of Internet Explorer 4.01 (SP2) that has the version
number 4.72.3612.1713 a.s.a.p. for testing purposes. If i try to download the
small installation file fron any place, even Microsoft it won't connect at all,
no matter what computer i use at any location that i tried.

So if anyone know or has the full browser version of IE 4.01 (SP2) i would
appreciate if you could post a link where can download it or otherwise mail me
about it.

Appreciate the help in advance

/Jorgen Grundstrom
.

Need IE 4.01 SP2 urgently

Post by Alan Edward » Fri, 18 May 2001 06:35:39

This is what I sent Jorgen a couple of days ago when he multi-posted
this elsewhere:
(he did not reply)

Try http://browsers.evolt.org
It has a copy of IE4.01
There is also one here:
ftp://ftp.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/local/web/browser/windows/iexplorer/ie4/...

I have not tried either download so I cannot be sure of the version
number.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

In microsoft.public.internet.explorer.ieak, "Srini"

>Jorden,

>I need IE 4.0 too, did you get hold of it? Please mail me the URL from where I
>can download it from if you have.

>Thanks!

>-Srini

Need IE 4.01 SP2 urgently

Post by Srin » Fri, 18 May 2001 07:51:27

Thanks Alan, it was really helpful.

-Srini

This is what I sent Jorgen a couple of days ago when he multi-posted
this elsewhere:
(he did not reply)

Try http://browsers.evolt.org
It has a copy of IE4.01
There is also one here:
ftp://ftp.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/local/web/browser/windows/iexplorer/ie4/...

I have not tried either download so I cannot be sure of the version
number.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

In microsoft.public.internet.explorer.ieak, "Srini"

>Jorden,

>I need IE 4.0 too, did you get hold of it? Please mail me the URL from where I
>can download it from if you have.

>Thanks!

>-Srini

.

Need IE 4.01 SP2 urgently

Post by Jorgen Grundstro » Mon, 21 May 2001 04:23:22

Hi

Thanks Allan, and i tried them both, and the first site didn't have it (though
when i find it i'll mail it over to the owner of the site), and the other had a
german version unfortunately.

/J?rgen

Try http://browsers.evolt.org
It has a copy of IE4.01
There is also one here:
ftp://ftp.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/local/web/browser/windows/iexplorer/ie4/...

I have not tried either download so I cannot be sure of the version
number.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

In microsoft.public.internet.explorer.ieak, "Srini"

>Jorden,

>I need IE 4.0 too, did you get hold of it? Please mail me the URL from where I
>can download it from if you have.

>Thanks!

>-Srini

.

Need IE 4.01 SP2 urgently

Post by Alan Edward » Mon, 21 May 2001 06:10:22

Sorry about the german url but I just went to evolt and I could see
IE4.01 under:
 Internet Explorer (Microsoft)
   32 bit
      4.01
         standard (and ie4setup.exe)

Others have downloaded it from evolt.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems

In microsoft.public.internet.explorer.ieak, "Jorgen Grundstrom"

>Hi

>Thanks Allan, and i tried them both, and the first site didn't have it (though
>when i find it i'll mail it over to the owner of the site), and the other had a
>german version unfortunately.

>/J?rgen

>Try http://browsers.evolt.org
>It has a copy of IE4.01
>There is also one here:
>ftp://ftp.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/local/web/browser/windows/iexplorer/ie4/...

>I have not tried either download so I cannot be sure of the version
>number.

>....Alan

1. How to deploy IE 4.01 SP2 - Update via IEAK

Hi!

I'd like to update some Win95 machines. They are running IE 4.0, IE 4.01,
and IE 4.01 SP1. Now I have to deploy SP2 on every machine.

I used the IEAK and I can install on a new machine the IE. But when I start
my installation on a machine that has already an IE 4 installed the
installation will stop after a few seconds.

What can I do to update these machines?

Greetings

Carsten Sch?fer

2. login wfw

3. IE 4.01 SP2

4. howto copy midi-files to an audioCD

5. Upgrading IE 4.01 to IE 6.0

6. Book mark

7. IE 4.0 vs. IE 4.01

8. NT3.51 to Netware Connections

9. IE 4.01 over IE 4.0

10. upgrade netscape 4.01 to 4.01 a with patch

11. RealPlayer G-2 and IE 4.01 SP1

12. IE 4.01 INS File Refuses To Change HOMEPAGE Only...

13. Search Button in IE 4.01