Outlook Express mail folder backup problem.

Outlook Express mail folder backup problem.

Post by IanF » Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:39:03

Hi,
I need to backup all my mail folders in Outlook Express (running in WinME)
so that I can restore them after a disk re-format which is coming soon.

I tried the procedure referred to in the MS Knowledge base but it told me to
backup the .MBX folders - which do not exist anywhere on my system.  Can
anyone help please.

IanF

Outlook Express mail folder backup problem.

Post by PA Bea » Sun, 12 Oct 2003 03:07:29

MVP Majik's OE Freebie Backup
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
AH-VSOP
http://forum.aumha.org/

>> Hi,
>> I need to backup all my mail folders in Outlook Express (running in
>> WinME) so that I can restore them after a disk re-format which is coming
>> soon.

>> I tried the procedure referred to in the MS Knowledge base but it told
>> me to backup the .MBX folders - which do not exist anywhere on my
>> system.  Can anyone help please.

>> IanF

Outlook Express mail folder backup problem.

Post by IanF » Sun, 12 Oct 2003 03:25:21

Thanks.

IanF

> MVP Majik's OE Freebie Backup
> --
> HTH...Please post back to this thread

> ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> AH-VSOP
> http://forum.aumha.org/

> >> Hi,
> >> I need to backup all my mail folders in Outlook Express (running in
> >> WinME) so that I can restore them after a disk re-format which is
coming
> >> soon.

> >> I tried the procedure referred to in the MS Knowledge base but it told
> >> me to backup the .MBX folders - which do not exist anywhere on my
> >> system.  Can anyone help please.

> >> IanF

Outlook Express mail folder backup problem.

Post by IanF » Sun, 12 Oct 2003 03:41:41

Thanks, I've gone for that app rather than the manual procedure.

IanF