Identities problem

Post by Marcu » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 08:14:00

Since I upgraded to IE/OE6 my identities do not open at
the default name, rather the last identity I have used the
time before.

Any idea anyone

Identities problem

Post by PA Bea » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 08:22:42

Known bug.  See other posts.

~PA bear

| Since I upgraded to IE/OE6 my identities do not open at
| the default name, rather the last identity I have used the
| time before.
|
| Any idea anyone

Identities problem

Post by Ron Reddon INVALID EMAI » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 08:21:16

Marcus wrote the following message:

Quote:> Since I upgraded to IE/OE6 my identities do not open at
> the default name, rather the last identity I have used the
> time before.

It appears to be a new bug introduced with one of the recent SP updates.
Hopefully they will fix it, but there is a workaround for it, but it is
a real pain to set up. You should be able to access the workaround
message at this link:

1. Identity Problems

Here's the rub. I have just upgraded to WXP Pro from
W2000 Pro, and my OE6 has been acting funny. On my own
account, i can't open any of my e-mails, i can only
preview them in the preview pane. When i try to write or
view an email, i get this funny error message: "There was
an error opening this message. An error has occured."

So i switch IDs (i didn't log off, just switched) on the
computer to see if OE works. On the second identity on my
computer, OE works fine. I log off (really logging off)
the second ID and get back onto the first. When i log
back onto my own identiy, all of the e-mails i have been
trying to open since the last time I logged off (not
switched) are minimized in my taskbar. What is happening,
and how do i fix it?

The Santiago

2. ERROR: Script error

3. Identity Problem

4. Problem with adding printers

5. Switching Identity Problem

6. Trojan Alert!!

7. Identity problem OE 6

8. OE crashes and Program Error message appears

9. Multiple identities problem

10. Identity problems in OE

11. Switching identities problem

12. Switchin Identities Problem

13. Identity problems in Outlook Express