Create Group Member

Post by AlanTheBeginne » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:15:46

I know how to create group member via Address Book and then make member
selection.  Since security comes first,  I want to hide members' email
addresses as I distribute postings to them.

For example, when one of the group members open the posting from
distribution, she will see the member list in the group and  press
properties to find their email addresses.

Is it possible to show the member list while hiding their email addresses?

Create Group Member

Post by DGues » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:26:16

Put the group in the Bcc: line
Blind Carbon Copy

View | All Headers in the message window.

I would suggest putting your email address in the To line to keep the
Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be filtered upon.

Quote:>I know how to create group member via Address Book and then make member
>selection.  Since security comes first,  I want to hide members' email
>addresses as I distribute postings to them.

> For example, when one of the group members open the posting from
> distribution, she will see the member list in the group and  press
> properties to find their email addresses.

> Is it possible to show the member list while hiding their email addresses?

Create Group Member

Post by Alan » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:16:51

DGuess,

Thanks...I had thought of bcc: but i never thought of  putting  group name
there.

I just put my just name on the group list with bcc: to my name  and to:
myself. It was then distributed to me as expected. It did not display
Undisclosed Recipient on to: header as you suggested.

I am going to test group email soon with addition of members on the list on
bcc: I have no way of knowing if others on group list get them unless they
notify me.  I am going to ask one member to forward this group email message
to me.  Nevertheless, I think it will work.

You quoted:  I would suggest putting your email address in the To line to
keep the  Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be filtered
upon. I understqand the first part, but I am not clear on the rest of the
sentence  what "may be filtered".

 Perhaps I will pick up later.

> Put the group in the Bcc: line
> Blind Carbon Copy

> View | All Headers in the message window.

> I would suggest putting your email address in the To line to keep the
> Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be filtered upon.

>>I know how to create group member via Address Book and then make member
>>selection.  Since security comes first,  I want to hide members' email
>>addresses as I distribute postings to them.

>> For example, when one of the group members open the posting from
>> distribution, she will see the member list in the group and  press
>> properties to find their email addresses.

>> Is it possible to show the member list while hiding their email
>> addresses?

Create Group Member

Post by DGues » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:55:45

Filtered. That mean someone has a message rule set up that looks for the the
words Undisclosed recipients,  and if found, deletes the email from the
server or sends it to the junk mail folder, etc. I know I do......... I also
have some message rules set up for Forwarded mail.

> DGuess,

> Thanks...I had thought of bcc: but i never thought of  putting  group name
> there.

> I just put my just name on the group list with bcc: to my name  and to:
> myself. It was then distributed to me as expected. It did not display
> Undisclosed Recipient on to: header as you suggested.

> I am going to test group email soon with addition of members on the list
> on bcc: I have no way of knowing if others on group list get them unless
> they notify me.  I am going to ask one member to forward this group email
> message to me.  Nevertheless, I think it will work.

> You quoted:  I would suggest putting your email address in the To line to
> keep the  Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be
> filtered upon. I understqand the first part, but I am not clear on the
> rest of the sentence  what "may be filtered".

> Perhaps I will pick up later.

>> Put the group in the Bcc: line
>> Blind Carbon Copy

>> View | All Headers in the message window.

>> I would suggest putting your email address in the To line to keep the
>> Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be filtered upon.

>>>I know how to create group member via Address Book and then make member
>>>selection.  Since security comes first,  I want to hide members' email
>>>addresses as I distribute postings to them.

>>> For example, when one of the group members open the posting from
>>> distribution, she will see the member list in the group and  press
>>> properties to find their email addresses.

>>> Is it possible to show the member list while hiding their email
>>> addresses?

Create Group Member

Post by Alan » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:39:20

I see... you explain nicely.

I just got informed from one member from my list that he got it. I just
asked him to forward it to me. I want  to see what it really looks like.
For example, Jim will forward it to me. I want to see if in his to: header
is Jim only.  In this case, I know my group email is safe.

Thanks for explaining filter.

> Filtered. That mean someone has a message rule set up that looks for the
> the words Undisclosed recipients,  and if found, deletes the email from
> the server or sends it to the junk mail folder, etc. I know I do.........
> I also have some message rules set up for Forwarded mail.

>> DGuess,

>> Thanks...I had thought of bcc: but i never thought of  putting  group
>> name there.

>> I just put my just name on the group list with bcc: to my name  and to:
>> myself. It was then distributed to me as expected. It did not display
>> Undisclosed Recipient on to: header as you suggested.

>> I am going to test group email soon with addition of members on the list
>> on bcc: I have no way of knowing if others on group list get them unless
>> they notify me.  I am going to ask one member to forward this group email
>> message to me.  Nevertheless, I think it will work.

>> You quoted:  I would suggest putting your email address in the To line to
>> keep the  Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be
>> filtered upon. I understqand the first part, but I am not clear on the
>> rest of the sentence  what "may be filtered".

>> Perhaps I will pick up later.

>>> Put the group in the Bcc: line
>>> Blind Carbon Copy

>>> View | All Headers in the message window.

>>> I would suggest putting your email address in the To line to keep the
>>> Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be filtered upon.

Create Group Member

Post by DGues » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:11:32

You didn't really have to send it to anyone else, when you sent it, with
your name at the top, that's how the others would see it.

>I see... you explain nicely.

> I just got informed from one member from my list that he got it. I just
> asked him to forward it to me. I want  to see what it really looks like.
> For example, Jim will forward it to me. I want to see if in his to: header
> is Jim only.  In this case, I know my group email is safe.

> Thanks for explaining filter.

>> Filtered. That mean someone has a message rule set up that looks for the
>> the words Undisclosed recipients,  and if found, deletes the email from
>> the server or sends it to the junk mail folder, etc. I know I do.........
>> I also have some message rules set up for Forwarded mail.

>>> DGuess,

>>> Thanks...I had thought of bcc: but i never thought of  putting  group
>>> name there.

>>> I just put my just name on the group list with bcc: to my name  and to:
>>> myself. It was then distributed to me as expected. It did not display
>>> Undisclosed Recipient on to: header as you suggested.

>>> I am going to test group email soon with addition of members on the list
>>> on bcc: I have no way of knowing if others on group list get them unless
>>> they notify me.  I am going to ask one member to forward this group
>>> email message to me.  Nevertheless, I think it will work.

>>> You quoted:  I would suggest putting your email address in the To line
>>> to keep the  Undisclosed Recipients from showing instead which may be
>>> filtered upon. I understqand the first part, but I am not clear on the
>>> rest of the sentence  what "may be filtered".

>>> Perhaps I will pick up later.

Create Group Member

Post by Alan » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:31:29

that is correct. I sent it with my name at the top and group member called
cards club is in bcc: header (field) . That is all there is to it.

I just want to see what it looks like at the other end.  Suppose the cards
club has 4 members on the list:  Jim, John, Joe and Jonathon.  I suppose
when Jim gets it, his header to is Jim... When John gets it, his header to:
is John. And so on. I want for verification with my eyeballs.

Of course, I dont send to each group member: cards club in bcc takes care of
everything. I just want to see each member's To header looks like.

> You didn't really have to send it to anyone else, when you sent it, with
> your name at the top, that's how the others would see it.

>>I see... you explain nicely.

>> I just got informed from one member from my list that he got it. I just
>> asked him to forward it to me. I want  to see what it really looks like.
>> For example, Jim will forward it to me. I want to see if in his to:
>> header is Jim only.  In this case, I know my group email is safe.

>> Thanks for explaining filter.

>>> Filtered. That mean someone has a message rule set up that looks for the
>>> the words Undisclosed recipients,  and if found, deletes the email from
>>> the server or sends it to the junk mail folder, etc. I know I
>>> do......... I also have some message rules set up for Forwarded mail.

Create Group Member

Post by Alan » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:48:41

DGuess,

I see now. You are right that others will see only  header to: Alan in my
name. that is how they see it.

A good example: from: me to  Mr.  John Smith with bcc: to group list.

What it will look like to each member on the group list will be

From:  Alan
To:  Mr. John Smith

It makes sense now.

Since I want each member to know who are on the list, I will simply list
members by names (no email addresses) in email so each member will know  who
are on the list.

By now, I know what to do.

> You didn't really have to send it to anyone else, when you sent it, with
> your name at the top, that's how the others would see it.

>>I see... you explain nicely.

>> I just got informed from one member from my list that he got it. I just
>> asked him to forward it to me. I want  to see what it really looks like.
>> For example, Jim will forward it to me. I want to see if in his to:
>> header is Jim only.  In this case, I know my group email is safe.

>> Thanks for explaining filter.

>>> Filtered. That mean someone has a message rule set up that looks for the
>>> the words Undisclosed recipients,  and if found, deletes the email from
>>> the server or sends it to the junk mail folder, etc. I know I
>>> do......... I also have some message rules set up for Forwarded mail.

Create Group Member

Post by Bruce Hage » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:07:32

Now that you understand BCC, Go to Create Mail and start a *Standard*
message header that you would like to use. It can include the list of
members, and any other opening, worded any way you wish.

When it is completed: File | Save As and save to the Desktop as an .eml
file. Now you will have an envelope icon on your Desktop that when you click
on it, you will have a New Message window with your saved opening & member
list ready to go. Just add the new message.
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

> DGuess,

> I see now. You are right that others will see only  header to: Alan in my
> name. that is how they see it.

> A good example: from: me to  Mr.  John Smith with bcc: to group list.

> What it will look like to each member on the group list will be

> From:  Alan
> To:  Mr. John Smith

> It makes sense now.

> Since I want each member to know who are on the list, I will simply list
> members by names (no email addresses) in email so each member will know
> who are on the list.

> By now, I know what to do.

>> You didn't really have to send it to anyone else, when you sent it, with
>> your name at the top, that's how the others would see it.

>>>I see... you explain nicely.

>>> I just got informed from one member from my list that he got it. I just
>>> asked him to forward it to me. I want  to see what it really looks like.
>>> For example, Jim will forward it to me. I want to see if in his to:
>>> header is Jim only.  In this case, I know my group email is safe.

>>> Thanks for explaining filter.

Create Group Member

Post by Alan » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:43:47

Bruce,

Now it is on desktop. Thanks for the instructions. I can easily click on it
every week. Then add short message to it and then click send.
  what is .eml?  Why not simply save in .rtf or txt format?

> Now that you understand BCC, Go to Create Mail and start a *Standard*
> message header that you would like to use. It can include the list of
> members, and any other opening, worded any way you wish.

> When it is completed: File | Save As and save to the Desktop as an .eml
> file. Now you will have an envelope icon on your Desktop that when you
> click on it, you will have a New Message window with your saved opening &
> member list ready to go. Just add the new message.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>              ~IB-CA~

>> DGuess,

>> I see now. You are right that others will see only  header to: Alan in my
>> name. that is how they see it.

>> A good example: from: me to  Mr.  John Smith with bcc: to group list.

>> What it will look like to each member on the group list will be

>> From:  Alan
>> To:  Mr. John Smith

>> It makes sense now.

>> Since I want each member to know who are on the list, I will simply list
>> members by names (no email addresses) in email so each member will know
>> who are on the list.

>> By now, I know what to do.

>>> You didn't really have to send it to anyone else, when you sent it, with
>>> your name at the top, that's how the others would see it.

Create Group Member

Post by Bruce Hage » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:56:10

.eml, (Basically E-mail), saves it as a template opening a new message
window with the info you have saved, as you see. If you saved it as .txt,
then you would have to start a new message and Insert | Text From File to
have the saved info added. (This is how we insert our *canned* replies).
.rtf is simply Rich Text, or HTML. IMHO, .eml in your case is the easiest
way to do what you want.
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

> Bruce,

> Now it is on desktop. Thanks for the instructions. I can easily click on
> it every week. Then add short message to it and then click send.
>  what is .eml?  Why not simply save in .rtf or txt format?

>> Now that you understand BCC, Go to Create Mail and start a *Standard*
>> message header that you would like to use. It can include the list of
>> members, and any other opening, worded any way you wish.

>> When it is completed: File | Save As and save to the Desktop as an .eml
>> file. Now you will have an envelope icon on your Desktop that when you
>> click on it, you will have a New Message window with your saved opening &
>> member list ready to go. Just add the new message.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>>              ~IB-CA~

>>> DGuess,

>>> I see now. You are right that others will see only  header to: Alan in
>>> my name. that is how they see it.

>>> A good example: from: me to  Mr.  John Smith with bcc: to group list.

>>> What it will look like to each member on the group list will be

>>> From:  Alan
>>> To:  Mr. John Smith

>>> It makes sense now.

>>> Since I want each member to know who are on the list, I will simply list
>>> members by names (no email addresses) in email so each member will know
>>> who are on the list.

>>> By now, I know what to do.

Create Group Member

Post by Alan » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:23:08

Thanks for describing .eml (basically e-mail).  I realized too late that it
is e-mail embedded (template)  with messages.

> .eml, (Basically E-mail), saves it as a template opening a new message
> window with the info you have saved, as you see. If you saved it as .txt,
> then you would have to start a new message and Insert | Text From File to
> have the saved info added. (This is how we insert our *canned* replies).
> .rtf is simply Rich Text, or HTML. IMHO, .eml in your case is the easiest
> way to do what you want.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>              ~IB-CA~

>> Bruce,

>> Now it is on desktop. Thanks for the instructions. I can easily click on
>> it every week. Then add short message to it and then click send.
>>  what is .eml?  Why not simply save in .rtf or txt format?

>>> Now that you understand BCC, Go to Create Mail and start a *Standard*
>>> message header that you would like to use. It can include the list of
>>> members, and any other opening, worded any way you wish.

>>> When it is completed: File | Save As and save to the Desktop as an .eml
>>> file. Now you will have an envelope icon on your Desktop that when you
>>> click on it, you will have a New Message window with your saved opening
>>> & member list ready to go. Just add the new message.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>>>              ~IB-CA~

Create Group Member

Post by Bruce Hage » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:20:00

An e-mail template is not suitable for you?
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

> Thanks for describing .eml (basically e-mail).  I realized too late that
> it is e-mail embedded (template)  with messages.

>> .eml, (Basically E-mail), saves it as a template opening a new message
>> window with the info you have saved, as you see. If you saved it as .txt,
>> then you would have to start a new message and Insert | Text From File to
>> have the saved info added. (This is how we insert our *canned* replies).
>> .rtf is simply Rich Text, or HTML. IMHO, .eml in your case is the easiest
>> way to do what you want.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>>              ~IB-CA~

>>> Bruce,

>>> Now it is on desktop. Thanks for the instructions. I can easily click on
>>> it every week. Then add short message to it and then click send.
>>>  what is .eml?  Why not simply save in .rtf or txt format?

Create Group Member

Post by Alan » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 10:56:25

Excellent. All I can find it on desktop. And then click.
It is wonderful for repetitive task. One click.
I dont understand why you ask.

Your question sounds there are other templates other than the .eml template.
In this case,  I cannot imagine what it is.
Anyway, I am pleased with the this current .eml template.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

> An e-mail template is not suitable for you?
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>              ~IB-CA~

> "AlanB" <alan4...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks for describing .eml (basically e-mail).  I realized too late that
>> it is e-mail embedded (template)  with messages.

>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> .eml, (Basically E-mail), saves it as a template opening a new message
>>> window with the info you have saved, as you see. If you saved it as
>>> .txt, then you would have to start a new message and Insert | Text From
>>> File to have the saved info added. (This is how we insert our *canned*
>>> replies). .rtf is simply Rich Text, or HTML. IMHO, .eml in your case is
>>> the easiest way to do what you want.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>>>              ~IB-CA~

>>> "AlanB" <alan4...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Create Group Member

Post by Bruce Hage » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:06:00

Good deal. When I saw:

"I realized too late that it is e-mail embedded (template)  with messages".

I thought it wasn't what you wanted. Glad you are happy with it.
--

> Excellent. All I can find it on desktop. And then click.
> It is wonderful for repetitive task. One click.
> I dont understand why you ask.

> Your question sounds there are other templates other than the .eml
> template. In this case,  I cannot imagine what it is.
> Anyway, I am pleased with the this current .eml template.

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> An e-mail template is not suitable for you?
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>>              ~IB-CA~

>> "AlanB" <alan4...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for describing .eml (basically e-mail).  I realized too late that
>>> it is e-mail embedded (template)  with messages.

>>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

1. Blank Member Of names for User and Group members

I have a Windows XP workgroup PC that shows blank names for members of
groups.  It also shows blank names for group names for each user account.

If you open the Administrators group and click on the Member Of tab it
shows 1 icon with a blank name.

If you open the Administrator user and click on the Member Of tab it
shows 2 icons with blank names beside each.

If you open the Administrators group and click Add ... then click
Advanced ... FindNow returns no user accounts (object type is "Users or
Built-in security principals").

Anyone know why or what is going on?

2. passing listening socket to threads

3. NT Tools to document users, groups, group members, etc

4. Text is lighter shade below fold..

5. Hiding Group Members in Address Book?

6. Explorer substitute

7. Hiding group members

8. SunView (yuk) Redraw events

9. BCC to group members

10. Add a group member through WAB API

11. Making email group members "BCC" instead of "TO" in OE6.00.26

12. Can no longer select members of a group

13. Address Book Groups Not Deleting Member