'Page Cannot be displayed' error on https pages

'Page Cannot be displayed' error on https pages

Post by Val » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:11:57

Help!  I'm getting 'Page Cannot be displayed' error on
https pages.  The following is the version of the IE that
I'm running on Windows XP 6.02600.0000.xpcln_qfe.021108-
2107.

Thanks so much!

'Page Cannot be displayed' error on https pages

Post by Mike Burges » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:26:58

Val,
"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message on a Secure Web Site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303807
--
HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites
by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP

> Help!  I'm getting 'Page Cannot be displayed' error on
> https pages.  The following is the version of the IE that
> I'm running on Windows XP 6.02600.0000.xpcln_qfe.021108-
> 2107.

> Thanks so much!

'Page Cannot be displayed' error on https pages

Post by stev » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 05:03:42

try another browser like netscape or Opera. they connect when IE won't.
don't bother with MSN Explorer, i think it runs through IE.

> Help!  I'm getting 'Page Cannot be displayed' error on
> https pages.  The following is the version of the IE that
> I'm running on Windows XP 6.02600.0000.xpcln_qfe.021108-
> 2107.

> Thanks so much!

1. 'Error On Page' and 'White' pages in IE6 - Possible Solution

After upgrading from Windows 98 to XP SP1 and IE6 SP1, I
found I had a number of problems which could be traced to
having Norton System Works Pro loaded in Windows 98
before I upgraded - the morale - try to upgrade
as 'clean' as possible and make sure you unistall any
anti virus software before doing so and upgrade all your
drivers and use XP friendly software where possible.

Anyway, after fixing a number of IE6 problems by
reloading XP from the CD ROM and reinstalling all the
upgades over the web, I found another small but very
annoying problem that would stop me accessing my bank
account log on pages and other pages which would even
stop me posting a message in this newsgroup! - I would
get an (!)'error on page' alert in the IE6 status bar on
the bottom left of the page where the 'done' normally
appears and double clicking on that brought up the
error:'specified module could not be found' on most
problem pages and 'gnav_bgcolor is undefined' on another
page.  A page would normally appera but it was a white
page and could not be clicked or accessed in any way.  I
tried using all the troubleshooting suggestions in
KB813444 with no luck but finally found a search hit on
Google which suggested I reregister URLMON.DLL - (Start,
Run, type in regsvr32 urlmon.dll ENTER then exit to quit
the command prompt).  It worked!  The hit also suggested
that Norton Internet Security be uninstalled/reinstalled
as well, but I didn't have to do so.  No guarantees
either of these solutions will work in your case, but I'm
hoping this post might save some people a lot of the
searching and blood,sweat and tears I've had over the
last week trying to solve this problem.  Good luck.  'He
who persists wins, but can get a hell of a lot older in
the process!'

P.S.  I hope MS might update KB813444 to include
URLMON.DLL in the reregister section, if it is
appropriate.

2. Sine sir

3. Cannot find server, 'The page cannot be displayed' message

4. Relative File Locations in Win98?

5. Can't access https sites: Page Cannot Be Displayed

6. "Copy Disk" command disappeared

7. IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

8. right button on mouse not working

9. I can display secure pages (HTTPS) but not HTTP pages

10. Why do I get a "page cannot be displayed" error using https.

11. 'This page cannot be displayed' message

12. Internet Explorer shows 'This page cannot be displayed'

13. To: Sandy MVP 'cannot be displayed' web page copied here