OT ?? Scam

Post by Tri-Pace » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:18:08

I don't know which group would be appropriate for this so since I got the
message in OE I'll ask here.

I got this message on my "throw away" mail account. I suspect it is a phish
or scam.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed a scam?

Thanks much.

Paul Anton

Alot of Canadian and USA dns has not updated but you can contact your isp
and tell them you can not access www.f2atv.com ip 209.35.190.34 but that you
can access it from work and places with different isp;s and they will clear
the cache for you.

To not recieve anymore emails just simply reply to this and put the words
unsubscribe in the subject line or log into your usercp and uncheck reciever
admin emails.

OT ?? Scam

Post by Ted Ziegla » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:42:34

An obvious scam. Did you ask f2atv technical support why you can't access
their website? The poor English alone is a giveaway.

--
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

Quote:> I don't know which group would be appropriate for this so since I got the
> message in OE I'll ask here.

> I got this message on my "throw away" mail account. I suspect it is a
phish
> or scam.

> Can anyone confirm if this is indeed a scam?

> Thanks much.

> Paul Anton

> Alot of Canadian and USA dns has not updated but you can contact your isp
> and tell them you can not access www.f2atv.com ip 209.35.190.34 but that
you
> can access it from work and places with different isp;s and they will
clear
> the cache for you.

> To not recieve anymore emails just simply reply to this and put the words
> unsubscribe in the subject line or log into your usercp and uncheck
reciever
> admin emails.

OT ?? Scam

Post by jt3 » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 04:10:01

Quote:> An obvious scam. Did you ask f2atv technical support why you can't access
> their website?
> The poor English alone is a giveaway.

> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "Backup is a computer user's best friend."

<snip,snip>

Are you suggesting that a lot of the ng posters are scamming??  --Oh, no, of
course not--it includes capital letters!!

:-))

OT ?? Scam

Post by Vincent Xu [MSF » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:32:06

Hi,

Actually, we call such email spam. You can just ignore it since you have no
idea what he is saying.

Have a good day! :)

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

>>Subject: Re: OT ?? Scam
>>Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:10:01 -0700

>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress:306449