Can't find exe file

Post by Valeri » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:00:41

I have just downloaded IE6 and service pack 1 for windows
XP. The IE6 download installed completely. But here's the
problem - I have no Explorer icon, from then menu when I
choose internet explorer it's not pointing to the exe file
and when I search for a target I can't find it. I have
searched using the explore function and have yet to find
the executable file. When I look on my control panel, IE
doen't even appear as an installed program. If I try to re-
run IE6 set up it tells me I can't because a newer version
already exists on my computer. I can get to a browser when
I go to explore and click on windows update - so I know
it's there. Any idea how I can find the exe file, create
an association and have it appear as an active program?

1. can't open any .exe files, says they aren't found

I click on the shortcuts on my desktop and i get an error
message saying the file couldn't be found.  So i go to
the file folder itself and click on the actual file andi
it still says it.

Also saying I'm missing other files that should be in the
registry, and can't access the registry to see if they're
missing.

So far none of the files I've looked for are missing, I
just can't get my computer to open them or aknowledge
them.

2. WINS Error Event 4102

3. 'Cannot find file load.exe'

4. I was stupid enough to delete the BugBear fake virus warning file=C:\Windoes\System\Jdbgmgr.exe

5. 'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

6. Error sending a message.

7. Windows can't find any EXE files

8. scanner driver

9. findfast.exe - can't find ms09.dll file

10. windows can't find program.exe when trying to read a jpeg file

11. Can't find krnl386.exe file

12. constant dialogue box 'windows cant find 'Flatbed.exe'

13. Windows cannot find 'wmplayer.exe'