Problems with Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer

Problems with Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer

Post by Mari » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:44:11

Has anyone been able to figure out how to fix a problem
with getting the message...

"Microsoft Internet Explorer has Encountered a Problem
and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried downloading updates and nothing seems to
correct this problem.   One thing I did see that may be
causing this problem is....Accessories...System
Tools....System Information...Internet
Settings...Internet Explorer...File Versions, it lists
the following:

File/Version/Size/Date/Path/Company
iecont.dll      <File Missing>    Not Available   Not
Available       Not Available   Not Available

iecontlc.dll    <File Missing>    Not Available   Not
Available       Not Available   Not Available

ieuinit.inf     Not Available   19 KB   8/29/2002
12:51:44 AM     C:\WINDOWS\system32     Not Available

This is what is listed for iexplore.exe
File/Version/Size/Date/Path/Company
iexplore.exe    6.0.2800.1106   89 KB   8/29/2002 5:41:26
AM      C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer      Microsoft
Corporation

Can anyone help?  Am I missing some dll's and if so,
where can I get them?

1. Internet Explorer 6 SP1 error: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and n

I started getting an error: "Internet Explorer has
encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for
the inconvenience." last week.   I am using Windows XP with
all the latest updates.

I found Microsoft support article 318378 about reinstalling
IE 6.  However, after setting the IsInstalled registry
entry to 0 for IE 6 (but not Outlook Express) when I tried
to reinstall IE 6 SP1 from the Microsoft download, I
received a message that the application was not logo tested
for Windows XP and it refused to install.

What to do now?

2. Home networking...

3. Explorer & Internet Explorer Crashes + Internet Problems

4. Changing Registered User

5. Internet Explorer/Windows Explorer Problems

6. direct 3d problems!

7. problems w/internet explorer and windows explorer

8. Network connection problem

9. Strange problem with Windows-Explorer (not Internet Explorer)

10. Windows explorer and Windows Internet explorer automatically shuts down

11. Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer 'adopt' each other's window size