I am so sick of internet explorer

Post by Dain » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:14:15

I'm about to throw my whole computer out the window. I
downloaded the new 6.0 a few weeks ago. Every single time
I get too many pop ups when I open it. Then after I have
visited a few pages it tells me it must send a report and
restart internet explorer. This is really ticking me off.
I was trying to download something from work. I didn't
even touch the computer and the stupid thing came up with
this error again. 30 minutes of downloading something just
to have to go back into it and do it all over. I have had
enough. How do I delete it and add my 5.5 back? I had no
problems with that. I even downloaded the patch and I'm
still having problems. Is there another patch that I can
use? Something? Anything? Thanks Daina

I am so sick of internet explorer

Post by Cari » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:42:08

Quote:> I'm about to throw my whole computer out the window. I
> downloaded the new 6.0 a few weeks ago. Every single time
> I get too many pop ups when I open it. Then after I have
> visited a few pages it tells me it must send a report and
> restart internet explorer. This is really ticking me off.
> I was trying to download something from work. I didn't
> even touch the computer and the stupid thing came up with
> this error again. 30 minutes of downloading something just
> to have to go back into it and do it all over. I have had
> enough. How do I delete it and add my 5.5 back? I had no
> problems with that. I even downloaded the patch and I'm
> still having problems. Is there another patch that I can
> use? Something? Anything? Thanks Daina

There should be an entry for Microsoft Explorer 6.0 in the Control Panel
under Add/Remove programs.  Clicking it should bring up an option to return
to the previous version.

However it won't alter the number of popups you receive!  That's nothing to
do with which browser you have installed, but rather the sites you visit.

Cari
www.coribright.com

I am so sick of internet explorer

Post by B » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:56:56

If popups annoy you there are 3rd party software anti popup software. Some
of it is freeware.

regards

Post by Bob Flamini » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 05:20:57

> I'm about to throw my whole computer out the window. I
> downloaded the new 6.0 a few weeks ago. Every single time
> I get too many pop ups when I open it.

Stop surfing *. Also, run Ad-Aware -- sounds like you got some
spyware in there:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

-Bob

1. Internet Explorer 6 Sick

Hi,

I have recently been having a lot of trouble with IE6, on Win XP Pro.

It started, in the same way as problems with previous IEs have done. With
'apparent' script errors. This time, using Hotmail, I get:

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?

Line 18.
Unterminated String Constant.

Now my Windows Update won't even work properly. How can I force Windows to
completely re-install Internet Explorer 6, and all it's related security
patches? I know there are already a lot of items already out that relate to
IE6 problems, but most of those seem to refer to removing it from Win98, ME,
2000 etc, and not XP.

Thanks

John

2. Error with XP and Corel Draw 9

3. Difference between CE 2.10 and CE 2.11

4. I am sick and tired of these spams !

5. How do I launch WMP7.0 in maximized mode?

6. I am SICK and Tired of this!!!

7. RealPlayer 7 Plus

8. I am SICK and TIRED of XP!

9. I am so sick of that 'Low Disk Space' warning....

10. I am having a problem setting up Internet Explorer

11. I am unable to "View Source" Using Internet Explorer 6 ----Please Help

12. What am Isupposed to see in Internet Explorer?