Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Jack » Thu, 23 May 2002 03:43:49



Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
They will not forward the message body at all.

The message body can be viewed in Properties under Status:
so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the message
body anywhere but Properties.

Thank you.

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Jim C. Pickerin » Thu, 23 May 2002 03:51:48


What is the exact version number of IE/OE?  Click Help/About to determine.

Try this to fix your problem with blank appearing email messages.

Open Internet Explorer, click View/Encoding and uncheck AutoSelect and
choose instead Western European (ISO).  Then try reading your messages.
Good luck.

--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply to the newsgroup only.


Quote:> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
> They will not forward the message body at all.

> The message body can be viewed in Properties under Status:
> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the message
> body anywhere but Properties.

> Thank you.


 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Jack » Thu, 23 May 2002 04:02:59


Well, the exact version is 6.00.2600.0000

And it was encoded Western ISO and I do not have an Auto-
Select except next to each foriegn language.

I will gladly give you any other information, this thing
is driving me nuts, I can't even forward.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>What is the exact version number of IE/OE?  Click

Help/About to determine.

>Try this to fix your problem with blank appearing email
messages.

>Open Internet Explorer, click View/Encoding and uncheck
AutoSelect and
>choose instead Western European (ISO).  Then try reading
your messages.
>Good luck.

>--
>Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
>Please reply to the newsgroup only.



>> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
>> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
>> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
>> They will not forward the message body at all.

>> The message body can be viewed in Properties under
Status:
>> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

>> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
>> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the
message
>> body anywhere but Properties.

>> Thank you.

>.

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Jim C. Pickerin » Thu, 23 May 2002 05:37:53


And you checked the encoding setting in INTERNET EXPLORER and not the
similar option in Outlook Express??? (View/Encoding)

--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply to the newsgroup only.


> Well, the exact version is 6.00.2600.0000

> And it was encoded Western ISO and I do not have an Auto-
> Select except next to each foriegn language.

> I will gladly give you any other information, this thing
> is driving me nuts, I can't even forward.

> Thank you so much for your assistance.

>> -----Original Message-----
>> What is the exact version number of IE/OE?  Click Help/About to
>> determine.

>> Try this to fix your problem with blank appearing email
> messages.

>> Open Internet Explorer, click View/Encoding and uncheck AutoSelect and
>> choose instead Western European (ISO).  Then try reading your messages.
>> Good luck.

>> --
>> Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
>> Please reply to the newsgroup only.



>>> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
>>> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
>>> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
>>> They will not forward the message body at all.

>>> The message body can be viewed in Properties under
> Status:
>>> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

>>> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
>>> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the
> message
>>> body anywhere but Properties.

>>> Thank you.

>> .

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Jack » Thu, 23 May 2002 05:47:46


The encoding in Internet Explorer is the same.

I can view email in Properties, but not in anyhting else.

I just reinstalled 6 again. I even deleted a folder,
created rule and let OE6 create a new mbx file and still
nothing.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>What is the exact version number of IE/OE?  Click

Help/About to determine.

>Try this to fix your problem with blank appearing email
messages.

>Open Internet Explorer, click View/Encoding and uncheck
AutoSelect and
>choose instead Western European (ISO).  Then try reading
your messages.
>Good luck.

>--
>Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
>Please reply to the newsgroup only.



>> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
>> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
>> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
>> They will not forward the message body at all.

>> The message body can be viewed in Properties under
Status:
>> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

>> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
>> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the
message
>> body anywhere but Properties.

>> Thank you.

>.

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Jim C. Pickerin » Thu, 23 May 2002 07:07:28


All I can suggest is to extract a new copy of iepeers.dll and see if that
will help.  See this link for where to find a copy for your version:
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp?fr=...
dn

If that one wraps, try this link:
http://tinyurl.com/6yp

--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply to the newsgroup only.


> The encoding in Internet Explorer is the same.

> I can view email in Properties, but not in anyhting else.

> I just reinstalled 6 again. I even deleted a folder,
> created rule and let OE6 create a new mbx file and still
> nothing.

>> -----Original Message-----
>> What is the exact version number of IE/OE?  Click Help/About to
>> determine.

>> Try this to fix your problem with blank appearing email
> messages.

>> Open Internet Explorer, click View/Encoding and uncheck AutoSelect and
>> choose instead Western European (ISO).  Then try reading your messages.
>> Good luck.

>> --
>> Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
>> Please reply to the newsgroup only.



>>> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
>>> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
>>> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
>>> They will not forward the message body at all.

>>> The message body can be viewed in Properties under
> Status:
>>> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

>>> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
>>> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the
> message
>>> body anywhere but Properties.

>>> Thank you.

>> .

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Thu, 23 May 2002 07:18:21


OE 5 & 6 do not use mbx files.  They use dbx files.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.
http://www.fjsmjs.com


> The encoding in Internet Explorer is the same.

> I can view email in Properties, but not in anyhting else.

> I just reinstalled 6 again. I even deleted a folder,
> created rule and let OE6 create a new mbx file and still
> nothing.

>> -----Original Message-----
>> What is the exact version number of IE/OE?  Click Help/About to
>> determine.

>> Try this to fix your problem with blank appearing email
> messages.

>> Open Internet Explorer, click View/Encoding and uncheck AutoSelect
>> and choose instead Western European (ISO).  Then try reading your
>> messages. Good luck.

>> --
>> Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
>> Please reply to the newsgroup only.



>>> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
>>> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
>>> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
>>> They will not forward the message body at all.

>>> The message body can be viewed in Properties under
> Status:
>>> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

>>> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
>>> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the
> message
>>> body anywhere but Properties.

>>> Thank you.

>> .

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Steve Cochra » Thu, 23 May 2002 07:19:43


Try File | Folder | Compact all in OE.  Then clear your Temporary Internet Files and delete all offline content in IE and then run a defrag and reboot and see if that fixes it.

steve


> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
> They will not forward the message body at all.

> The message body can be viewed in Properties under Status:
> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the message
> body anywhere but Properties.

> Thank you.

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Ronn » Thu, 23 May 2002 23:03:51


It's not so interesting... It's more like pathetic! I've
been seeing alot of posts and emails all over the web and
in many different forums from people complaining of all
sorts of problems since upgrading to version 6.

Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for your peticular
problem. Also, take a look at article Q235300. Its title
refers to OE loading too slow but from what I read it's
likely that most of the problems with OE6 are being caused
by the same culprit. A combination of the upgrade program
having incorrect parameters (a bug?) causing or creating
version conflicts and/or a missing file.

Good Luck,

RonnM

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
>Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
>not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
>They will not forward the message body at all.

>The message body can be viewed in Properties under
Status:
>so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

>Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
>and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the
message
>body anywhere but Properties.

>Thank you.
>.

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Chris Barne » Fri, 24 May 2002 00:17:17



> The encoding in Internet Explorer is the same.

> I can view email in Properties, but not in anyhting else.

> I just reinstalled 6 again. I even deleted a folder,
> created rule and let OE6 create a new mbx file and still
> nothing.

Just to let you know - this sounds like the EXACT problem I am having
(see my message in the thread "Roaming Profiles, XP, Outlook Express
problem").

Anxiously awaiting a solution.

--

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes

Show Bud Selig who's in charge - vote for all Twins/Expos players for
the
All Star game at http://vote.mlb.com/landing.html
More info at http://voteexpostwins.0catch.com/

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Chris Barne » Fri, 24 May 2002 00:55:25


Followup to the OE MVP's on this group.

Since this seems to be a common problem (and one not mentioned on Tom
Koch's website), I have an idea.  If you want to see this problem, I
would be willing to give you an account on my machine with instructions
on how to get to it.

Email me privately and I'll setup the account and tell you how to get to
it.

--

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes

Show Bud Selig who's in charge - vote for all Twins/Expos players for
the
All Star game at http://vote.mlb.com/landing.html
More info at http://voteexpostwins.0catch.com/

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Jack » Thu, 30 May 2002 01:57:37


Attempted all the above,

including a manual uninstall and reinstall of OE5 and OE6
and the messages will still not show ANYWHERE except
PROPERTIES.

Weird huh??

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Try File | Folder | Compact all in OE.  Then clear your

Temporary Internet Files and delete all offline content in
IE and then run a defrag and reboot and see if that fixes
it.

>steve




Quote:>> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
>> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones
will
>> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing
option.
>> They will not forward the message body at all.

>> The message body can be viewed in Properties under
Status:
>> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

>> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
>> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the
message
>> body anywhere but Properties.

>> Thank you.

>.

 
 
 

Outlook Express 6 will not show message body

Post by Robert Aldwinckl » Thu, 30 May 2002 10:03:30


Here are some tests that I'd try to find the scope of
the problem:

1.    "Envelope" your message and then either open it
    from its envelope or drag it from there to an IE window.
    Opening it from its envelope could involve a conversion
    and dragging it to an IE window could avoid a hidden
    security block.   ("Envelope" just means to drag the
    message to a new HTML message.)

2.    Pretend that you can see the text.   What does Select All
    do?   If it activates the  Copy  menu item use it and then
    either paste it somewhere or use the clipboard viewer to
    find out what it looks like and what formats it has.

    If that works it implies some kind of rendering problem
    which could implicate  mshtml.dll  which would suggest that
    an  IE Repair  might help.   (I think an  IE Repair  wouldn't
    hurt anyway.  You never know what it might shake out.)

3.    Pretend that you can see the text.  What does View
    Text Size  Fixed  do?    If that works it implies that you
    have some kind of font problem.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---


Quote:> Here is an interesting one. I upgraded from Outlook
> Express 5 to 6. Now all of my messages and new ones will
> not show in the preview pane, nor in the viewing option.
> They will not forward the message body at all.

> The message body can be viewed in Properties under Status:
> so it is there, just Outlook Express will not show it.

> Can anyone help?? I deleted and reinstalled msoert2.dll
> and msoe.dll I do not see why it will not show the message
> body anywhere but Properties.

> Thank you.