command line to open "windows NT Explorer"?

command line to open "windows NT Explorer"?

Post by Hoa Thanh L » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:27:55

Hello,
    Is there  a command line way to open windows explorer the same way
as using mouse clicks "start" -> programs -> windows NT explorer ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hoa

command line to open "windows NT Explorer"?

Post by Nick Swif » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 01:07:04

IEXPLORE.EXE

Quote:> Hello,
>     Is there  a command line way to open windows explorer the same way
> as using mouse clicks "start" -> programs -> windows NT explorer ?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Hoa

command line to open "windows NT Explorer"?

Post by M. Spyridaki » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 02:51:32

Quote:> Hello,
>     Is there  a command line way to open windows explorer the same way
> as using mouse clicks "start" -> programs -> windows NT explorer ?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Hoa

***

Reply posted from the newsgroup
News://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internet.explorer.ieak

Try these references...
"Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q130/5/10.asp

Take Control of Explorer * Neil J. Rubenking - PC Magazine February 7, 2000
http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/solutions/0,8224,2425962,00.html

For IE4 & IE5 as far as i know, they are the same limited options found
here...
Command-line switches for Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q178/0/58.asp

***
Note: Where you post is not a 'general information' newsgroup -- IEAK (&
related newsgroup) is the utility to distribute multiple copies of Internet
Explorer.

Future queries on general subjects may be better researched (and get a few
more comments) on one of the general Windows or IE newsgroups -- (Please
advise if directed here by a general MS web page link... )

On the server News://msnews.microsoft.com/

microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion -or-
microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion -or-
microsoft.public.windowsme.general -or-
microsoft.public.win2000.general -or-
microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc -or-
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.browser -or-
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.browser -or-
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.browser -or-
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.gen.discussion

or you might try this web site for IE5 groups
http://support.microsoft.com/support/news/Ngresults.asp?D=ieb
or this site for all MS groups
http://support.microsoft.com/support/news/

Good Luck,
Max
Research your problem with DejaNews
Keyword search across many newsgroups
http://groups.google.com/ -or-

1. Open all folders in "explorer" mode instead of "open" mode.

I would like all opened folders to display the directory tree in the left
column by default. Currently when I open a folder the left column displays a
list of "common tasks" instead of the directory tree seen when using Windows
Explorer. I can display the tree by clicking the "Folders" toolbar button,
but I would prefer to display the explorer-style tree for all windows by
default. Is there a way?

Thanks,

Kerry

2. Outlook and Clipart

3. CD-CDRW

4. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

5. Exporting from OE 6 to Outlook

6. Changing folders displayed with Application "Open" and "Save" commands

7. Please help me with my fonts

8. using NT "at" command for rasdial scheduling - how do you say "now"?

9. Question about the "dir" command in the command-line mode

10. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

11. REQ: "logout" command line tool for NT

12. Getting under NT's "skin" (command line scripting)