1. Solution to having no setup.exe on your OSR2 Win 95 CD..............
Hi there I am not sure if this is the group relating to Win95 that people
asked about the problem - you see I have cleared and deleted my cached files
If I am correct, the question was about people with the OSR2 CD that did not
have setup.exe on the CD?
Well, firstly this problem you are having is thanks to Microsoft. It is a
way to insure that people don't try using the CD to reinstall on more than
1/2 pcs other than their own personal and office pc.
This CD is usually distributed with OEM equipment that you purchased a
system or component with.
Normally a CD like this is given to the consumer with a copy of Win 95 OSR
installed on the computer's hdd.
So how do you reinstall then?
If you copy all of the files from the CD onto a hard disk, and then copy
dossetup.bin, oemsetup.bin, oemsetup.exe, setup.exe, setup.txt,
suhelper.bin, and winsetup.bin to the same directory from any version of
Windows 95, you can then run setup and install from that directory.
Hope this helps
2. Sorry for the dble post. Thank MS.
3. VML ballerinas having a dip
4. outlook does not work correctly after running xp transfer wizard
5. SOLUTION TO THOSE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH *.AVI
6. Problem with Movie maker and VidEdit
7. SMILADEN: HTML+TIME + VML Example (VML by Iamteri)
8. Automatically close program groups
9. Installation of VML failed
10. windows incomplete installation: VML
11. Help! VML Installation?
12. Installation problem with Win XP Plus in Win xp pro.
13. VML components won't install