Problems accessing "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu

Problems accessing "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu

Post by Bob » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:09:34

After installing IE6, I found that I cannot access "Internet Options" from
the drop-down menu under "Tools".  Instead, I get an error that reads:
                                 "This operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system
administrator."

I can access "Internet Options" via the Control Panel.  I've tried
reinstalling IE6 as well as the previous version of IE, but IE6 appears to
be permanently installed and the repair feature does nothing to correct the
problem.  I have not used any passwords/users for starting up the system.
The operating system I am using is Windows 98 2nd Edition upgrade.
Ideas anyone?  Thanks alot for your help!!

Bob

Problems accessing "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu

Post by Daniel R » Wed, 05 Jun 2002 21:36:08

Try this
Start - Run - Regedit.exe
Search the registry for "NoBrowserOptions" (without quotes)
If found it, delete the value or change it to '00 00 00 00'

rgds, Daniel
---------------------

Quote:> After installing IE6, I found that I cannot access "Internet Options" from
> the drop-down menu under "Tools".  Instead, I get an error that reads:
>                                  "This operation has been cancelled due to
> restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system
> administrator."

> I can access "Internet Options" via the Control Panel.  I've tried
> reinstalling IE6 as well as the previous version of IE, but IE6 appears to
> be permanently installed and the repair feature does nothing to correct the
> problem.  I have not used any passwords/users for starting up the system.
> The operating system I am using is Windows 98 2nd Edition upgrade.
> Ideas anyone?  Thanks alot for your help!!

> Bob

Problems accessing "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu

Post by Kell » Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:25:22

Hi Bob,

No Browser Options:
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/admin.htm

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/

Quote:> After installing IE6, I found that I cannot access "Internet Options" from
> the drop-down menu under "Tools".  Instead, I get an error that reads:
>                                  "This operation has been cancelled due to
> restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system
> administrator."

> I can access "Internet Options" via the Control Panel.  I've tried
> reinstalling IE6 as well as the previous version of IE, but IE6 appears to
> be permanently installed and the repair feature does nothing to correct
the
> problem.  I have not used any passwords/users for starting up the system.
> The operating system I am using is Windows 98 2nd Edition upgrade.
> Ideas anyone?  Thanks alot for your help!!

> Bob

Problems accessing "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu

Post by Bob » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 00:51:57

Thanks Kelly!  That fixed it!       Respectfully, Bob

Problems accessing "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu

Post by Bob » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 00:52:59

Thanks Daniel!  I appreciate your help.        Bob

Problems accessing "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu

Post by Kell » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:40:15

You are welcome, Bob.  Glad things are sorted out.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/

Quote:> Thanks Kelly!  That fixed it!       Respectfully, Bob

1. Cannot open "Tools,Internet Options" ("option cancelled")

From within IE6 (sp1), when I click on "Tools, Internet options" I get
this error box instead of the menu:

"This option has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator"

I can, however access this menu from the Control Panel, and it has
always worked in the past inside IE, can't think of anything I changed
lately...

Using W2k, SP3

RP

2. Interruptions when making connections to Internet etc.

3. "account" option under "tools" menu tab missing

4. Error signature

5. Can't open "Tools", "Internet Options" due to security setting

6. Testing...

7. "Run"," Search" and" Help and Support" on the Start Menu

8. OE Does not Start

9. "Run"," Search" and" Help and Suport" (Start Menu)

10. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

11. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

12. Menu "Tools" / "Windows Update" goes to wrong place!

13. Can't access "Identities" option - not there when I click "file"