Can't Access Hotmail or MSN Messenger

Post by Justi » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:53:33

Every since I've downloaded IE6 SP1, I haven't been able
to access my Hotmail account, nor sign into MSN
Messenger.  I tried downloading the Critical Updates
Package, but still nothing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Can't Access Hotmail or MSN Messenger

Post by SJ » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:10:30

Prepared by: "PA Bear"
Make certain your Time, Date and Time Zone settings are correct.

If you installed 810847 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810847), you
will need 813951 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813951). If either of
these are installed, the numbers will show in IE Help>About>Update Versions.

IE Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Edit> type in the following domain...

hotmail.com

...and ALLOW ALL COOKIES.

How to Manage Cookies in Internet Explorer 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283185

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444

IE6 Privacy Features
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/evaluation/overview/privacyfeat.asp

IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>HTTP 1.1>toggle between the two options.

IE Tools>Internet Options>Security>[zone in which OE operates]>Custom
Level>User Authentication>Logon>toggle between Anonymous Logon and Automatic
Logon with Current Username and Password.

Other Hotmail users have witnessed the same problem and AFAIK it may be
related to the as yet unfixed bug in 810847.

...And sometimes these mysterious Hotmail problems simply clear up overnight
with no user intervention.
--
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

> Every since I've downloaded IE6 SP1, I haven't been able
> to access my Hotmail account, nor sign into MSN
> Messenger.  I tried downloading the Critical Updates
> Package, but still nothing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Can't Access Hotmail or MSN Messenger

Post by Shash » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:13:42

This is what exactly happened to me as well, but this was
ever since I installed oracle 9i personla downloaded
edition.
Cant access hotmail or msn mail. Cant access many
websites such as banking sites. Cant use msn explorer any
more.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Every since I've downloaded IE6 SP1, I haven't been able
>to access my Hotmail account, nor sign into MSN
>Messenger.  I tried downloading the Critical Updates
>Package, but still nothing.  Any help would be
appreciated.
>.

Can't Access Hotmail or MSN Messenger

Post by m » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:57:48

I have this same problem, I have been trying to troubleshoot it now over a
week. I think I've spent a good 2-3 hours on this on average now for about
10 days.

PABear -- I have done all of the steps you outline below.

Any other ideas?

> Prepared by: "PA Bear"
> Make certain your Time, Date and Time Zone settings are correct.

> If you installed 810847 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810847), you
> will need 813951 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813951). If either of
> these are installed, the numbers will show in IE Help>About>Update
Versions.

> IE Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Edit> type in the following domain...

> hotmail.com

> ...and ALLOW ALL COOKIES.

> How to Manage Cookies in Internet Explorer 6
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283185

> HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web
Sites
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813444

> IE6 Privacy Features
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/evaluation/overview/privacyfeat.asp

> IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>HTTP 1.1>toggle between the two
options.

> IE Tools>Internet Options>Security>[zone in which OE operates]>Custom
> Level>User Authentication>Logon>toggle between Anonymous Logon and
Automatic
> Logon with Current Username and Password.

> Other Hotmail users have witnessed the same problem and AFAIK it may be
> related to the as yet unfixed bug in 810847.

> ...And sometimes these mysterious Hotmail problems simply clear up
overnight
> with no user intervention.
> --
> HTH...Please post back to this thread

> ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

> > Every since I've downloaded IE6 SP1, I haven't been able
> > to access my Hotmail account, nor sign into MSN
> > Messenger.  I tried downloading the Critical Updates
> > Package, but still nothing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Can't Access Hotmail or MSN Messenger

Post by Mauric » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:47:29

Justin,

 Go to www.zdnet.com and download IE 6.0 SP1 over the
existing IE 6.0 file. I had the same problem and this
fixed it.
Hope this helps!

 Maurice

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Every since I've downloaded IE6 SP1, I haven't been able
>to access my Hotmail account, nor sign into MSN
>Messenger.  I tried downloading the Critical Updates
>Package, but still nothing.  Any help would be
appreciated.
>.

Can't Access Hotmail or MSN Messenger

Post by shash » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:12:53

CAN SOMEONE HELP PLS. THIS HAS BEENA  CRITICAL PROBLEM.
LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING TO WITH IE SETTINGS.

SHASHI

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by Henri Leboeu » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:42:12

[...]

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> CAN SOMEONE HELP PLS. THIS HAS BEENA  CRITICAL PROBLEM.
> LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING TO WITH IE SETTINGS.

> SHASHI

1. Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger and Hotmail..

I use Windows Messenger (ver 4.7) for work and MSN
Messenger (ver 5.0) for personal use.  I use one .NET
Passport account to log in to Windows Messenger and a
different one to log into MSN Messenger (again, one
work..one personal).  My problem is that when both
programs are running, I can not access Hotmail.  If I try
to go to www.hotmail.com I get an page saying "Redirect
in progress.  Please wait..."  It never loads the page.
If I try to get to Hotmail via the link in MSN Messenger
(since this is the Messenger linked to my personal
hotmail account) I get an error page
saying "Microsoft? .NET Passport was temporarily unable
to complete your request. Please try again later."  No
matter when I try, I get the error.  If I totally log out
of everything (Passport and both Messengers) I can log
into Hotmail just fine.  For work reasons, I need to be
logged into Passport under my work account.

I'd like to be logged into both Messenger programs and
have access to Hotmail, is this possible or can't these
two Microsoft programs work peacefully together?  It
seems odd that they have this conflict that won't let me
access Hotmail (another Microsoft product..)

2. Does anyone know of a good "Domain Admin Tool/Utility"

3. Problems with Microsoft Passport (MSN Messenger/MSN Explorer/Hotmail)

4. Installation Problem

5. Out of IDE channels

6. Can't access e-mail from my Hotmail after the auto upgrade of MSN.net

7. 2 small SCSI drives or 1 big SCSI drive?

8. MSN Messenger 4.6 / 4.7 & MSN Messenger 5.0

9. MSN Explorer, MSN Messenger & Windows Messenger

10. MSN Messenger download did not uninstall MSN Messenger 4.7

11. MSN Messenger 4.6 / 4.7 & MSN Messenger 5.0

12. I.E, MSN Explorer, Yahoo messenger and Msn messenger