problem with language display

Post by rach » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:20:33

I have a mac on system 9,1 in french. since I moved to UK, I cannot
read properly french web pages, all the letters with accents like ?, ?
  etc are replaced by ???.so it is impossible to print anything. what
can I do ?
thank you for reply
Rachel

Post by Andreas Prilo » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 05:30:21

> I have a mac on system 9,1 in french. since I moved to UK, I cannot
> read properly french web pages, all the letters with accents like ,
> ? etc are replaced by ???.

Your message is only readable with "charset=macintosh" instead of
"charset=ISO-8859-1":
    a with grave
  ?   c with cedilla
    e with grave
    e with acute

Quote:> what can I do ?

Use Mozilla <http://www.mozilla.org/> or iCab <http://www.icab.de/>
or Netscape.

--
http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/plonk.txt

1. problem with language display

I have Windows XP Proffessional English version installed
on my computer, but it cannot display the file name with
Chinese character. I can browse Chinese web site, but the
title bar and the menu bar cannot display the Chinese
character. So, can anyone tell me what I can do to fix
this problem?
Thanks!

2. 2 ip's on same server

3. Language Kit, Help and Support Center displayed in unexpected language

4. XP and DOS

5. Spanish characters doesn't display - language problems

6. windows 3.11

7. languages languages languages, be or not to be...

8. turn off the computer????

9. Display other language

10. little icon in the taskbar indicating text display languages

11. language display explorer

12. Menu Display Language

13. little icon in taskbar indicating the text display language currently being used