One user cannot view source, others can

Post by Olivie » Fri, 10 May 2002 00:45:31

Windows XP Home, IE 6.0

The most active user, my 12 year old daughter, has lost the ability to use
View | Source. Other users on the machine do not have this problem. I can't
find anything in Options that would account for that. Any help appreciated
to get this budding web page developer back on the track of learning html by
example.

Thanks in advance

Olivier
(remove the obvious from the email address if you want to reply by email,
but consider replying to the group as well)

One user cannot view source, others can

Post by Olivie » Fri, 10 May 2002 01:31:43

Just found an article (Q306907) in Microsoft Knowledge base that says it's
because there are too many files in Temporary Internet Files and offers as
the only solution to delete all of them... Hmmm...

Quote:> Windows XP Home, IE 6.0

> The most active user, my 12 year old daughter, has lost the ability to use
> View | Source. Other users on the machine do not have this problem. I
can't
> find anything in Options that would account for that. Any help appreciated
> to get this budding web page developer back on the track of learning html
by
> example.

> Thanks in advance

> Olivier
> (remove the obvious from the email address if you want to reply by email,
> but consider replying to the group as well)

One user cannot view source, others can

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Fri, 10 May 2002 04:27:12

This is typically the solution, Olivier.  If that doesn't work, in Explorer, right click on the drive that XP is installed on and select Proeprties, then the Disk Cleanup button.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

> Just found an article (Q306907) in Microsoft Knowledge base that says it's
> because there are too many files in Temporary Internet Files and offers as
> the only solution to delete all of them... Hmmm...

> > Windows XP Home, IE 6.0

> > The most active user, my 12 year old daughter, has lost the ability to use
> > View | Source. Other users on the machine do not have this problem. I
> can't
> > find anything in Options that would account for that. Any help appreciated
> > to get this budding web page developer back on the track of learning html
> by
> > example.

> > Thanks in advance

> > Olivier
> > (remove the obvious from the email address if you want to reply by email,
> > but consider replying to the group as well)

One user cannot view source, others can

It worked. My daughter's delighted.