Java and IE6

Post by My Nam » Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:37:41

I have not been able to get the java applets to work when using IE6 with
win98.  There is a web page that has to have working Java to get the needed
information.  I have tried downloading and installing the latest Java
software that includes VM.  I finally ended up downloading and installing
Netscape 7.  When using Netscape everything on the web page that I am going
to works fine (it is the Maxtor webpage that I am using to find out the
status on the repair of my hard drive).  I would just keep Netscape
installed on this computer but it causes other problems when IE6 and
Netscape are both installed at the same time.  Is there anything that can be
done to get Java working when using IE6?

Thank you
MJ

Java and IE6

Post by Charlie Tam » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:50:31

I suggest the easiest way forward is to look at www.sun.com and follow the
links to their Java Virtual Machine. You can always play with the MS one
later if you have problems, both run happily on here. However I have W2000
so I advise you to check the sun website for compatibility issues. I'm
pretty sure there won't be any but you know how it goes, never safe to
assume things.

--

Charlie

Quote:> I have not been able to get the java applets to work when using IE6 with
> win98.  There is a web page that has to have working Java to get the
needed
> information.  I have tried downloading and installing the latest Java
> software that includes VM.  I finally ended up downloading and installing
> Netscape 7.  When using Netscape everything on the web page that I am
going
> to works fine (it is the Maxtor webpage that I am using to find out the
> status on the repair of my hard drive).  I would just keep Netscape
> installed on this computer but it causes other problems when IE6 and
> Netscape are both installed at the same time.  Is there anything that can
be
> done to get Java working when using IE6?

> Thank you
> MJ

1. Java Java Java

You can access the Microsoft Java VM for Windows XP from:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

-IF it is not listed as a new critical update,then do this:

-GO TO Windows Update Site, select: Personalize Windows Update, select: Enable the Windows Update Catalog, select: Save Settings, select: Windows Update Catalog from the left hand pane, select: Find updates for Microsoft Windows systems from the right hand pane, select: Windows XP, select: Search, select: Critical Updates and Service Packs, select: the March 4th Security Update-Download size: 5.2 MB, which upgrades your version of the Microsoft VM to 3805...

OR: this still works:
http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/c...

-OR: from Sun/Java:   http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

-OR: http://dlres.java.sun.com/JSCDL/download/1327926813450019-410/9002724...

-OR: http://www.3danywhere.com/vm/msjavx86.exe

2. Pegasus How do you use multiple IDs????

3. Install WIN98 / Error-Message: Missing VDD.VXD or VMCPD.VXD

4. ie6 and java problems in frames page

5. viewing temporary internet files

6. IE6 and Java problems

7. Win95 DUN does not minimize -must hit 'Continue'?

8. Java problem in IE6

9. I cannot view java websites in IE6.0

10. Java Problems in IE6

11. Java and IE6