Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Horace Gilchris » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 05:27:32

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer.

THX, Horace

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Jim C. Pickerin » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:33:46

Ask MSN Support about that.  Really have no idea.

Link to MSN Support Services:
http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply to the newsgroup only.

> Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer.

> THX, Horace

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by jkip » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:24:05

The answer is yes.  Go to MSN explorer/help and scroll down the faq list.
You will see a link to "how to use outlook express to access your mail" or
some such.

good luck
kip

Ask MSN Support about that.  Really have no idea.

Link to MSN Support Services:
http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply to the newsgroup only.

Quote:> Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer.

> THX, Horace

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Matthew Woo » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:27:50

Call me stupid but I'd like to do the same but cannot locate the FAQ in MSN
Help in order to set this up.

Could you do me a favour and post the relevant FAQ.

Thanks, Matt.

> The answer is yes.  Go to MSN explorer/help and scroll down the faq list.
> You will see a link to "how to use outlook express to access your mail" or
> some such.

> good luck
> kip

> Ask MSN Support about that.  Really have no idea.

> Link to MSN Support Services:
> http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
> --
> Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
> Please reply to the newsgroup only.

> > Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer.

> > THX, Horace

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Michael Cros » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 06:43:28

Try this link
http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

                                              Mike

> Call me stupid but I'd like to do the same but cannot locate the FAQ in
MSN
> Help in order to set this up.

> Could you do me a favour and post the relevant FAQ.

> Thanks, Matt.

> > The answer is yes.  Go to MSN explorer/help and scroll down the faq
list.
> > You will see a link to "how to use outlook express to access your mail"
or
> > some such.

> > good luck
> > kip

> > Ask MSN Support about that.  Really have no idea.

> > Link to MSN Support Services:
> > http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
> > --
> > Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
> > Please reply to the newsgroup only.

> > > Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer.

> > > THX, Horace

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Jen Alla » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 07:02:07

Am I missing something here? I am using OE6 and simply added my MSN account
in exactly the same way as Hotmail using the Add new mail account wizard.

> Try this link
> http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

>                                               Mike

> > Call me stupid but I'd like to do the same but cannot locate the FAQ in
> MSN
> > Help in order to set this up.

> > Could you do me a favour and post the relevant FAQ.

> > Thanks, Matt.

> > > The answer is yes.  Go to MSN explorer/help and scroll down the faq
> list.
> > > You will see a link to "how to use outlook express to access your
mail"
> or
> > > some such.

> > > good luck
> > > kip

> > > Ask MSN Support about that.  Really have no idea.

> > > Link to MSN Support Services:
> > > http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
> > > --
> > > Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
> > > Please reply to the newsgroup only.

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Matthew Woo » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:10:29

Thanks Mike.

The tool seemed to work despite me NOT being an "MSN Internet Access"
customer.

Matt.

> Try this link
> http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

>                                               Mike

> > Call me stupid but I'd like to do the same but cannot locate the FAQ in
> MSN
> > Help in order to set this up.

> > Could you do me a favour and post the relevant FAQ.

> > Thanks, Matt.

> > > The answer is yes.  Go to MSN explorer/help and scroll down the faq
> list.
> > > You will see a link to "how to use outlook express to access your
mail"
> or
> > > some such.

> > > good luck
> > > kip

> > > Ask MSN Support about that.  Really have no idea.

> > > Link to MSN Support Services:
> > > http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
> > > --
> > > Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
> > > Please reply to the newsgroup only.

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Matthew Woo » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:12:29

Jen,

You must either have MSN Internet Access as your ISP or knew the HTTP mail
server address:-

http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

Neither of which I am/I did.

;o)

> Am I missing something here? I am using OE6 and simply added my MSN
account
> in exactly the same way as Hotmail using the Add new mail account wizard.

> > Try this link
> > http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

> >                                               Mike

> > > Call me stupid but I'd like to do the same but cannot locate the FAQ
in
> > MSN
> > > Help in order to set this up.

> > > Could you do me a favour and post the relevant FAQ.

> > > Thanks, Matt.

> > list.
> mail"
> > or

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Jen Alla » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:41:46

Thanks Matthew, but I am still baffled. I am not an MSN customer, but OE6
automatically inserted the server details for me (if only I could get my
hands on AOL server details I would be laughing!)

> Jen,

> You must either have MSN Internet Access as your ISP or knew the HTTP mail
> server address:-

> http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

> Neither of which I am/I did.

> ;o)

> > Am I missing something here? I am using OE6 and simply added my MSN
> account
> > in exactly the same way as Hotmail using the Add new mail account
wizard.

> > > Try this link
> > > http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

> > >                                               Mike

> in
> > > MSN

> > > list.
> > mail"
> > > or

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/O » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:06:49

I'm afraid you'll never get your AOL mail with OE.  AOL uses a proprietary
format and they have apparently decided not to support using Outlook
Express.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.

> Thanks Matthew, but I am still baffled. I am not an MSN customer, but OE6
> automatically inserted the server details for me (if only I could get my
> hands on AOL server details I would be laughing!)

> > Jen,

> > You must either have MSN Internet Access as your ISP or knew the HTTP
mail
> > server address:-

> > http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

> > Neither of which I am/I did.

> > ;o)

> > > Am I missing something here? I am using OE6 and simply added my MSN
> > account
> > > in exactly the same way as Hotmail using the Add new mail account
> wizard.

http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

> > in

> faq
> > > mail"

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Jim Byr » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 07:15:47

Hi Jen - this isn't directly responsive to your issue, but it might be of
interest.  There's a nice little program called ePrompter which you can get
here:  http://www.eprompter.com/ which will at least give you notification
plus of receipt of AOL mail.

"ePrompter? is the solution to this problem - it was designed specifically
to allow AOL users to easily check multiple AOL email accounts at the same
time without having to log off and on every time.

ePrompter? automatically checks messages for up to eight AOL screen names
simultaneously - and when your messages have been retrieved, a rotating tray
icon and unique screensaver let you know at a glance the number of new
messages in each of your accounts, which can then be easily read in full
whether you are online or offline. You can even delete unwanted messages or
messages that you have already read, the next time ePrompter checks your
email. It also works with POP3, Hotmail, Yahoo, Mail.com, USA.net, AltaVista
as well as hundreds of other email domains. "

Also MSN, BTW.  Maybe useful?  Regards, Jim Byrd

> Thanks Matthew, but I am still baffled. I am not an MSN customer, but OE6
> automatically inserted the server details for me (if only I could get my
> hands on AOL server details I would be laughing!)

> > Jen,

> > You must either have MSN Internet Access as your ISP or knew the HTTP
mail
> > server address:-

> > http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

> > Neither of which I am/I did.

> > ;o)

> > > Am I missing something here? I am using OE6 and simply added my MSN
> > account
> > > in exactly the same way as Hotmail using the Add new mail account
> wizard.

http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

> > in

> faq
> > > mail"

---

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Jen Alla » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:07:14

Hi Jim
Thanks a lot for that, it sounds a useful program. I will download it and
give it a try.

> Hi Jen - this isn't directly responsive to your issue, but it might be of
> interest.  There's a nice little program called ePrompter which you can
get
> here:  http://www.eprompter.com/ which will at least give you notification
> plus of receipt of AOL mail.

> "ePrompterT is the solution to this problem - it was designed specifically
> to allow AOL users to easily check multiple AOL email accounts at the same
> time without having to log off and on every time.

> ePrompterT automatically checks messages for up to eight AOL screen names
> simultaneously - and when your messages have been retrieved, a rotating
tray
> icon and unique screensaver let you know at a glance the number of new
> messages in each of your accounts, which can then be easily read in full
> whether you are online or offline. You can even delete unwanted messages
or
> messages that you have already read, the next time ePrompter checks your
> email. It also works with POP3, Hotmail, Yahoo, Mail.com, USA.net,
AltaVista
> as well as hundreds of other email domains. "

> Also MSN, BTW.  Maybe useful?  Regards, Jim Byrd

> > Thanks Matthew, but I am still baffled. I am not an MSN customer, but
OE6
> > automatically inserted the server details for me (if only I could get my
> > hands on AOL server details I would be laughing!)

> > > Jen,

> > > You must either have MSN Internet Access as your ISP or knew the HTTP
> mail
> > > server address:-

> > > http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

> > > Neither of which I am/I did.

> > > ;o)

> > > account
> > wizard.

> http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

> > > in

> > faq
> your

> ---

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by ChRi » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:21:28

i take it then you understand what to do....

add an internet mail account as you would normally by going to the ACCOUNTS
option within TOOLS and go through the wizard to enter your hotmail account
details.  Insert your account name and password and it does the rest!

You then just have to adjust the syncronisation settings as to what you
want; headers only; all parts of the message; etc.

--

- ChRiS
---------------------------

> Call me stupid but I'd like to do the same but cannot locate the FAQ in
MSN
> Help in order to set this up.

> Could you do me a favour and post the relevant FAQ.

> Thanks, Matt.

> > The answer is yes.  Go to MSN explorer/help and scroll down the faq
list.
> > You will see a link to "how to use outlook express to access your mail"
or
> > some such.

> > good luck
> > kip

> > Ask MSN Support about that.  Really have no idea.

> > Link to MSN Support Services:
> > http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
> > --
> > Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
> > Please reply to the newsgroup only.

> > > Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer.

> > > THX, Horace

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Jen Alla » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 04:59:01

Hi Jim
Thanks for that and I have now tried it. It is a really handy program which
I think I will keep using. There is only one problem, it completely crashes
my XP system if I try to use it offline. Somehow it doesn't like it when
EPrompter dials up AOL - perhaps I should use another ISP! Any ideas on the
problem?

> Hi Jen - this isn't directly responsive to your issue, but it might be of
> interest.  There's a nice little program called ePrompter which you can
get
> here:  http://www.eprompter.com/ which will at least give you notification
> plus of receipt of AOL mail.

> "ePrompterT is the solution to this problem - it was designed specifically
> to allow AOL users to easily check multiple AOL email accounts at the same
> time without having to log off and on every time.

> ePrompterT automatically checks messages for up to eight AOL screen names
> simultaneously - and when your messages have been retrieved, a rotating
tray
> icon and unique screensaver let you know at a glance the number of new
> messages in each of your accounts, which can then be easily read in full
> whether you are online or offline. You can even delete unwanted messages
or
> messages that you have already read, the next time ePrompter checks your
> email. It also works with POP3, Hotmail, Yahoo, Mail.com, USA.net,
AltaVista
> as well as hundreds of other email domains. "

> Also MSN, BTW.  Maybe useful?  Regards, Jim Byrd

> > Thanks Matthew, but I am still baffled. I am not an MSN customer, but
OE6
> > automatically inserted the server details for me (if only I could get my
> > hands on AOL server details I would be laughing!)

> > > Jen,

> > > You must either have MSN Internet Access as your ISP or knew the HTTP
> mail
> > > server address:-

> > > http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

> > > Neither of which I am/I did.

> > > ;o)

> > > account
> > wizard.

> http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

> > > in

> > faq
> your

> ---

Can MSN email be downloaded to OE6 instead of MSN Explorer

Post by Jim Byr » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:01:53

Hi Jen - Oops!  Since I'm continuously connected on cable, I haven't run
into the problem.  I don't understand why it should crash XP though - I
would just expect a "Cannot connect" type error message.  Why don't you drop

on a problem in the past.  (But, given the way I feel about AOL, finding a
new ISP would work OK too.)  You might want to check and see what you've got
set up in the ePrompter options for Connection.  If it doesn't look right
(perhaps says connected all the time or something?), then I would just
un-install and then re-install ePrompter (with your AntiVirus and any
Norton/Symantec software turned off).  Regards, Jim Byrd

> Hi Jim
> Thanks for that and I have now tried it. It is a really handy program
which
> I think I will keep using. There is only one problem, it completely
crashes
> my XP system if I try to use it offline. Somehow it doesn't like it when
> EPrompter dials up AOL - perhaps I should use another ISP! Any ideas on
the
> problem?

> > Hi Jen - this isn't directly responsive to your issue, but it might be
of
> > interest.  There's a nice little program called ePrompter which you can
> get
> > here:  http://www.eprompter.com/ which will at least give you
notification
> > plus of receipt of AOL mail.

> > "ePrompterT is the solution to this problem - it was designed
specifically
> > to allow AOL users to easily check multiple AOL email accounts at the
same
> > time without having to log off and on every time.

> > ePrompterT automatically checks messages for up to eight AOL screen
names
> > simultaneously - and when your messages have been retrieved, a rotating
> tray
> > icon and unique screensaver let you know at a glance the number of new
> > messages in each of your accounts, which can then be easily read in full
> > whether you are online or offline. You can even delete unwanted messages
> or
> > messages that you have already read, the next time ePrompter checks your
> > email. It also works with POP3, Hotmail, Yahoo, Mail.com, USA.net,
> AltaVista
> > as well as hundreds of other email domains. "

> > Also MSN, BTW.  Maybe useful?  Regards, Jim Byrd

> > > Thanks Matthew, but I am still baffled. I am not an MSN customer, but
> OE6
> > > automatically inserted the server details for me (if only I could get
my
> > > hands on AOL server details I would be laughing!)

HTTP
> > mail

MSN
> > > wizard.

> > http://supportservices.msn.com/us/content/qanda/_email_ex_outlook.htm

> the
> > > faq
> > your

Explorer.

> > ---

---

1. Using OE6 instead of MSN webmail

My friend has MSN as his ISP.  Won't take my advice and change.  However he
prefers to use Outlook Express rather that the email server in MSN explorer.
I am having trouble switching it for him.  The directions given by MSN don't
match the setup procedure in OE.  I believe the email is http but OE keeps
asking for server address which can't be easily found in MSN.  Any help
please.
Thanks

2. Cannot install language packs. Help?

3. MSN Messenger download did not uninstall MSN Messenger 4.7

4. BETA TEST OPPORTUNITY - C++ implementation of Java Packages & 24-bit game engine

5. MSN 1.05 update & e-mail in MSN

6. TCP-IP package for Ethernet on PC

7. Outlook Expr goes thru MSN Explorer- how to disable MSN explor?

8. MediaPlayer 9 cannot Play some AVI files

9. Cannot get Explorer to accept cookies from MSN hotmail and cannot start MSN Mesenger

10. MSN messenger and MSN Explorer

11. Any way to stop MSN Explorer from opening when logging on to MSN?

12. Problems getting into MSN Explorer (re. msn chat)

13. MSN MESSENGER / MSN EXPLORER HELP PLEASE!!!!