import identities/setting in OE 5 on one computer to OE 6 on another computer

import identities/setting in OE 5 on one computer to OE 6 on another computer

Post by Ann » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:29:08

I have 3 separate email addresses on OE 5 on my Windows
98 SE computer which gives me 3 identities. I now have a
new computer with XP and OE 6. I want to import all my
setting, emails, identities etc. to my new computer
running OE 6.

I found out where my identities folders were kept in my
old comupter in OE 5 and I copied them to a disc. I want
to import them into my OE 6 on my new computer. 1st I
didn't know if I am first suppose to create the 3
identities on the new computer in OE 6 before I try to
import or when I import, it will automatically copy all
my identities and settings from my old computer?

import identities/setting in OE 5 on one computer to OE 6 on another computer

Post by Margare » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:08:04

Hi there,

For extensive instructions on manually transferring or backing up and
restoring all your OE stuff including messages, address book, rules, etc.,
see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/.  Or, for a utility program that will do
it all for you, see www.tweakie.com.
--
Margaret
MSMVP

Quote:> I have 3 separate email addresses on OE 5 on my Windows
> 98 SE computer which gives me 3 identities. I now have a
> new computer with XP and OE 6. I want to import all my
> setting, emails, identities etc. to my new computer
> running OE 6.

> I found out where my identities folders were kept in my
> old comupter in OE 5 and I copied them to a disc. I want
> to import them into my OE 6 on my new computer. 1st I
> didn't know if I am first suppose to create the 3
> identities on the new computer in OE 6 before I try to
> import or when I import, it will automatically copy all
> my identities and settings from my old computer?

import identities/setting in OE 5 on one computer to OE 6 on another computer

Post by Jim Pickerin » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:25:49

Your easiest solution would be to use the FAST wizard on the Windows XP CD.
See this link for more info about FAST (Files and Settings Transfer) which
is available in Windows XP:  http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm
--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Quote:> I have 3 separate email addresses on OE 5 on my Windows
> 98 SE computer which gives me 3 identities. I now have a
> new computer with XP and OE 6. I want to import all my
> setting, emails, identities etc. to my new computer
> running OE 6.

> I found out where my identities folders were kept in my
> old comupter in OE 5 and I copied them to a disc. I want
> to import them into my OE 6 on my new computer. 1st I
> didn't know if I am first suppose to create the 3
> identities on the new computer in OE 6 before I try to
> import or when I import, it will automatically copy all
> my identities and settings from my old computer?

1. Can I import OE in old computer to Outlook on new computer

Can I import all of my folders, emails and address book from my older
computer running Windows ME, MIE 6.0 Outlook Express directly to my new
computer into Outlook running Windows XP or will I have to import it into OE
first on my new computer and then go to Outlook and import?

The migration didn't work the first time and the person helping me wasn't
able to do the transfer.

I'll tell that reading most of the posts here have been a lot more helpful
then some of the high and mighty attitudes and answers from some of the MVP's
on the Outlook side of communities.

2. Outlook Express and Messanger Question

3. Importing OE messages from previous hard drive to new computer OE

4. Netscape 2.01B.... Can't find FCC File

5. Moving OE Messages From ME on old computer to XP OE on New Computer

6. ICS in Windows Me

7. moving e-mail from OE 6 on one computer to another computer

8. Xp Proff will not shut down

9. How do you Import Mail Messages in OE 6 from one computer to another.

10. HELP - transfer accounts and settings for OE from one computer to another?

11. Using 2 computers with one set of OE data files?

12. Import address book to one OE identity from another

13. Importing OE mail from another computer