can't run regedit.exe!

Post by Wilso » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 04:29:26

Hello,

Please help.
Whenever i run regedit.exe from command prompt on my windows 2000 pro. a
warning window pop up said registry editing was disabled by administrator.
(jeez, i log on as administrator)

Wilson.

can't run regedit.exe!

Post by Mike Burges » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:08:58

Wilson,

Use the attached reg file to repair "DisableRegistryTools"
Download, right-click and select: Edit (to view in Notepad)
Right-click and select: Merge (to enter the info into the Registry)
Reboot, repost with your results.

Note: this reg files assumes that Windows is installed in the
default location (edit as\if needed).
_____________________________
Mike Burgess
Information isn't free if you can't find it!
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--

Quote:> Hello,

> Please help.
> Whenever i run regedit.exe from command prompt on my windows 2000 pro. a
> warning window pop up said registry editing was disabled by administrator.
> (jeez, i log on as administrator)

> Wilson.

begin 666 UnlockRegedit.reg

M;W-O9G1<5VEN9&]W<UQ#=7)R96YT5F5R<VEO;EQ0;VQI8VEE<UQ3>7-T96U=

`
end

can't run regedit.exe!

Post by Vanguar » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:43:31

Or use the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) to go to the "Local Computer
Policy -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System" node to
edit the "Disable registry editing tools" there.  However, if you log on
under a domain then its policies may overwrite this setting; be sure to log
on as the local Administrator user.

Remove "-nix" from my email address username, if present.

Wilson,

Use the attached reg file to repair "DisableRegistryTools"
Download, right-click and select: Edit (to view in Notepad)
Right-click and select: Merge (to enter the info into the Registry)
Reboot, repost with your results.

Note: this reg files assumes that Windows is installed in the
default location (edit as\if needed).
_____________________________
Mike Burgess
Information isn't free if you can't find it!
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--

Quote:> Hello,

> Please help.
> Whenever i run regedit.exe from command prompt on my windows 2000 pro. a
> warning window pop up said registry editing was disabled by administrator.
> (jeez, i log on as administrator)

> Wilson.

can't run regedit.exe!

Post by Mike Burges » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:30:22

Wilson,
You're welcome ..... glad to see you have things resolved.
_____________________________
Mike Burgess
Information isn't free if you can't find it!
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--

> Vanguard and Mike,

> Either way works well. Thanks!

> Wilson.

> > Or use the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) to go to the "Local Computer
> > Policy -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System" node
> > edit the "Disable registry editing tools" there.  However, if you log on
> > under a domain then its policies may overwrite this setting; be sure to
> log
> > on as the local Administrator user.

> > --
> > Remove "-nix" from my email address username, if present.

> > Wilson,

> > Use the attached reg file to repair "DisableRegistryTools"
> > Download, right-click and select: Edit (to view in Notepad)
> > Right-click and select: Merge (to enter the info into the Registry)
> > Reboot, repost with your results.

> > Note: this reg files assumes that Windows is installed in the
> > default location (edit as\if needed).
> > _____________________________
> > Mike Burgess
> > Information isn't free if you can't find it!
> > Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
> > --

> > > Hello,

> > > Please help.
> > > Whenever i run regedit.exe from command prompt on my windows 2000 pro.
> > > warning window pop up said registry editing was disabled by
> administrator.
> > > (jeez, i log on as administrator)

> > > Wilson.

can't run regedit.exe!

Post by Wilso » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:18:04

Vanguard and Mike,

Either way works well. Thanks!

Wilson.

> Or use the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) to go to the "Local Computer
> Policy -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System" node
> edit the "Disable registry editing tools" there.  However, if you log on
> under a domain then its policies may overwrite this setting; be sure to
log
> on as the local Administrator user.

> --
> Remove "-nix" from my email address username, if present.

> Wilson,

> Use the attached reg file to repair "DisableRegistryTools"
> Download, right-click and select: Edit (to view in Notepad)
> Right-click and select: Merge (to enter the info into the Registry)
> Reboot, repost with your results.

> Note: this reg files assumes that Windows is installed in the
> default location (edit as\if needed).
> _____________________________
> Mike Burgess
> Information isn't free if you can't find it!
> Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
> --

> > Hello,

> > Please help.
> > Whenever i run regedit.exe from command prompt on my windows 2000 pro. a
> > warning window pop up said registry editing was disabled by
administrator.
> > (jeez, i log on as administrator)

> > Wilson.

1. Help with Windows' Regedit.exe

How can I use the Regestry editor (Regedit.exe) to change some keyboard
settings for some Windows software? For example, if I want to change the
comma key ( , ) into period ( . ) when using Notepad, can I do it? How?

Thanks for your attention!

2. dw.exe

3. REGEDIT.EXE vs REGEDT32.EXE

4. Where does downloads from Win Update go in Win XP?

5. Reporting a cool bug in Regedit.exe

6. "My Computer" folder opens automatically when I log on. How do I disable this?

7. Regedit.exe

8. DumpWin and other free Windows tools

9. how to enable registry editing - regedit.exe

10. regedit.exe - Application error, and a multitude of other error

11. regedit.exe

12. Add/Remove Program and Regedit.exe

13. Regarding file regedit.exe