Outlook Express as default mail program not working

Outlook Express as default mail program not working

Post by Jacqueau » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:43:18

I set OE as default email program in OE itself, but it still does not
come up as default program.  In IE settings, OE is not even listed,
only Microsoft Outlook is.

Outlook Express as default mail program not working

Post by Bruce Hage » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 10:59:35

Make OE the default e-mail client:
http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx

See this if it still does not set as default:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

    Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)
        ~IB-CA~

Quote:>I set OE as default email program in OE itself, but it still does not
> come up as default program.  In IE settings, OE is not even listed,
> only Microsoft Outlook is.

1. Default Mail Program - OutLook Express not displayed as choice

When choosing "Tools","Internet Options","Programs" within
IE 6.0, OutLook Express is not a choice in the drop list.
Only Lotus Notes is.  I have reviewed the knowledge base
and can not find any remedy.  I have verified that file
extension EML is opened with OutLook Express.  However I
am still unable to select OutLook Express as my Internet E-
mail program.  Any ideas?

2. xp

3. cannot make outlook express default mail program

4. out of date news list

5. Outlook Express/Default Mail Program

6. Moving OE info

7. Can't set outlook express as default mail program

8. Help on Rich Edit controls.

9. Making Outlook Express the default mail program

10. Resetting default mail pgm to Outlook Express AFTER loading Office 97 program.

11. Outlook Express Won't show up as default mail program

12. 10.2 IE defaults to 0s9 Outlook Express not "MAIL" in dock

13. outlook express not my default mail anymore