Regedit Will Not Work

Post by Eric » Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:04:12

I am the only user on my computer with Windows XP.  When I try to use
regedit I get a message that it is has been disabled by the Administrator.
Does anyone know how to correct this problem?    Thanks.

Eric

Regedit Will Not Work

Post by Not in This Newsgrou » Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:56:05

...and your Outlook Express question is?...perhaps you should be in a Windows XP newsgroup?

     I am the only user on my computer with Windows XP.  When I try to use
     regedit I get a message that it is has been disabled by the Administrator.
     Does anyone know how to correct this problem?    Thanks.

     Eric

Regedit Will Not Work

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MV » Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:34:08

Quote:> I am the only user on my computer with Windows XP.  When I try to use
> regedit I get a message that it is has been disabled by the
> Administrator. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?
> Thanks.

> Eric

First eliminate any scumware.
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't.  Also, each need to be updated before every use, even when just
downloaded.

If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
in the same thread.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email

1. task mgr, msconfig, regedit, restore point do not work

unable to launch msconfig, restore point doesnt work,
regedit and task mgr open for a moment, then go away.
started with ezula (troj/adware) pccillin identified, but
could not clean.  deleted with ad-aware, but above
symptoms persisted.  Re-loaded OS, no luck, ran Registry
Mechanic, no luck, ready to get copy of Tweak Manager to
force registry, or buy another drive and put OS there.
Author of SW (cliprex.com) that carried ezula apologized
and added "hope you didnt have a firewall installed".  I
assume that the collision between ezula and zone alarm
resulted in these symptoms.

Under XP does registry exist as 2 files in windows
directory, and by moving them (of course have to turn off
shr attributes) will XP re-create a new registry from
scratch.  Or should I just get the copy of Tweak Mgr from
regedit.com and force registry

have av sw running, and continuous upgrades, have scanned
w another av, no further intrusions.

thx in advance for advice

sb

2. System started running slow

3. Regedit problem / Probleme avec regedit

4. How to disable modem speaker

5. Norton will not scan Memory, Scandisk does not work,Restart does not work

6. Problem with Deleting Cookies?

7. Regedit works in XP?

8. QuickTime Video Capture with Time Code Capture?

9. "Download Manager| Not Working + "Open Location" Not Working in both 5.0 and 5.1

10. Did not work Outlook express still not working right

11. printer not working and comm1 not working

12. How to open regedit not expanded?

13. Regedit not open