Failed to initalize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Failed to initalize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Post by Jack Newhous » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 06:27:03

Hello,

I'm getting this message quite often when I check mail using Outlook Express 6.0 final.
Failed to initialize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Things hang up at that point, but if I keep clicking OK many times the messages finally download.

Does anyone know what that message is trying to tell me, and what I can do to clear up the problem?

--

Failed to initalize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Post by Ron Bogar » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 11:49:10

I found this with Google:

"VBOX" is the "Time Limited Demo/Anti-Piracy Software" that controls
the use of the "30-day demo".  Any of the following can cause this
error:

(1)    Network time synchronization/correction software [XNTP, NTP,
etc.]

(2)    Defective SCSI or Soundcard drivers that "Disable DMA" or make
excessive use of "PCI BusMastering" to transfer data.  This is a
common problem on systems with Adaptec SCSI, Creative "SoundBlaster
Live!", or "Aureal" based cards.

(3)    Piracy software that attempts to break the "30-day demo"
limitations.

Regards,

Scala Technical Support
~~~~~~

You can also go here and read up on VBOX to get more clues as to what may be
causing this anomaly:
http://www.previewsystems.com/products/vbox/

--
Ron Bogart  ???
Associate Expert

Hello,

I'm getting this message quite often when I check mail using Outlook Express
6.0 final.
Failed to initialize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Things hang up at that point, but if I keep clicking OK many times the
messages finally download.

Does anyone know what that message is trying to tell me, and what I can do
to clear up the problem?

--

Failed to initalize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Post by Jack Newhous » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 12:09:52

Merci beaucoup signor. :-)

> I found this with Google:

> "VBOX" is the "Time Limited Demo/Anti-Piracy Software" that controls
> the use of the "30-day demo".  Any of the following can cause this
> error:

> (1)    Network time synchronization/correction software [XNTP, NTP,
> etc.]

> (2)    Defective SCSI or Soundcard drivers that "Disable DMA" or make
> excessive use of "PCI BusMastering" to transfer data.  This is a
> common problem on systems with Adaptec SCSI, Creative "SoundBlaster
> Live!", or "Aureal" based cards.

> (3)    Piracy software that attempts to break the "30-day demo"
> limitations.

> Regards,

> Scala Technical Support
> ~~~~~~

> You can also go here and read up on VBOX to get more clues as to what may
be
> causing this anomaly:
> http://www.previewsystems.com/products/vbox/

> --
> Ron Bogart  ???
> Associate Expert
> "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
> Please keep replies in the NG - emails rarely get answered.

> Hello,

> I'm getting this message quite often when I check mail using Outlook
Express
> 6.0 final.
> Failed to initialize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

> Things hang up at that point, but if I keep clicking OK many times the
> messages finally download.

> Does anyone know what that message is trying to tell me, and what I can do
> to clear up the problem?

> --

Failed to initalize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Post by Ron Bogar » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 13:13:23

Certainly sir.   8^)

--
Ron Bogart  ???
Associate Expert
"Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
Please keep replies in the NG - emails rarely get answered.

> Merci beaucoup signor. :-)

> > I found this with Google:

> > "VBOX" is the "Time Limited Demo/Anti-Piracy Software" that controls
> > the use of the "30-day demo".  Any of the following can cause this
> > error:

> > (1)    Network time synchronization/correction software [XNTP, NTP,
> > etc.]

> > (2)    Defective SCSI or Soundcard drivers that "Disable DMA" or make
> > excessive use of "PCI BusMastering" to transfer data.  This is a
> > common problem on systems with Adaptec SCSI, Creative "SoundBlaster
> > Live!", or "Aureal" based cards.

> > (3)    Piracy software that attempts to break the "30-day demo"
> > limitations.

> > Regards,

> > Scala Technical Support
> > ~~~~~~

> > You can also go here and read up on VBOX to get more clues as to what
may
> be
> > causing this anomaly:
> > http://www.previewsystems.com/products/vbox/

> > --
> > Ron Bogart  ???
> > Associate Expert
> > Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
> > Please keep replies in the NG - emails rarely get answered.

> > Hello,

> > I'm getting this message quite often when I check mail using Outlook
> Express
> > 6.0 final.
> > Failed to initialize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

> > Things hang up at that point, but if I keep clicking OK many times the
> > messages finally download.

> > Does anyone know what that message is trying to tell me, and what I can
do
> > to clear up the problem?

> > --

1. Failed to initalize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Hello,

I'm getting this message quite often when I check mail using Outlook Express 6.0 final.
Failed to initialize V-box (0010-0016-0120)

Things hang up at that point, but if I keep clicking OK many times the messages finally download.

Does anyone know what that message is trying to tell me, and what I can do to clear up the problem?

--

http://www.thebeo.com
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/cgb

2. Dilemma

3. USER32.dll failed to initalize

4. Maximum size of database in OExpress

5. fonts fail to load bootup stops failure code 0016

6. How to burn backup of Outlook Express folder files ?

7. IE freezes for 120 seconds after 10 successive form submissions

8. Winmodem / Enable Auto configuration

9. CASIO A-10 OR COMPAQ C-120 NEEDED

10. Windows ME, 16 Bit Programs unable to open more than 120 files simultaneously

11. SHCreateMenuBar fails with LE=120="call not impl" when app called from file explorer

12. IrCOMM port fails: Error 120

13. sound blaster 16.. cannot start (code 10)