Update will not install properly

Post by bassmaster197 » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:16:01

This PC is prompted daily to install KB837009
I follow the usual procedure and after going through the installation
process, update informs me that it has been successful, but the next time the
PC is switched on it is prompted to install the same update again.

The Specs:

OS - windows 98, second edition, 4.1.222.A

KB837009 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1

I have today tried installing the update then immediately rescanning for
updates required and it still does not recognise the update as having been
installed.

How can I install the update completely?

Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you!

Update will not install properly

Post by peter purcel » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:34:56

ok

Quote:> This PC is prompted daily to install KB837009
> I follow the usual procedure and after going through the installation
> process, update informs me that it has been successful, but the next time
> the
> PC is switched on it is prompted to install the same update again.

> The Specs:

> OS - windows 98, second edition, 4.1.222.A

> KB837009 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1

> I have today tried installing the update then immediately rescanning for
> updates required and it still does not recognise the update as having been
> installed.

> How can I install the update completely?

> Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you!

Update will not install properly

Post by PA Bea » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:23:20

Clear History, delete Cookies and delete Temporary Internet Files (including
offline files) via IE: Tools > Options > General, then...

1. Download the Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
Pack 1 (KB837009; all OSS) from the following link, saving it to your
Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5...B6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

[ Optional: 2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.  (During the reboot, keep
pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears > Choose Safe
Mode > Enter.) ]

3. Rename the downloaded file to KB837009.EXE and copy it to C:\ (the root
directory of drive C; assumes drive C is the boot drive)

4. Start > Run > (type in) C:\KB837009.EXE  /N:V (Note the spaces) > press
ENTER

5. Close the command window.

6. Reboot [into Windows] and check in at Windows Update to see if the
problem persists.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> This PC is prompted daily to install KB837009
> I follow the usual procedure and after going through the installation
> process, update informs me that it has been successful, but the next time
> the PC is switched on it is prompted to install the same update again.

> The Specs:

> OS - windows 98, second edition, 4.1.222.A

> KB837009 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1

> I have today tried installing the update then immediately rescanning for
> updates required and it still does not recognise the update as having been
> installed.

> How can I install the update completely?

> Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you!

Update will not install properly

Post by bassmaster197 » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:11:02

That has fixed the problem.

Thank you very much indeed,
B.

> Clear History, delete Cookies and delete Temporary Internet Files (including
> offline files) via IE: Tools > Options > General, then...

> 1. Download the Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
> Pack 1 (KB837009; all OSS) from the following link, saving it to your
> Desktop:

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5...B6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

> [ Optional: 2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.  (During the reboot, keep
> pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears > Choose Safe
> Mode > Enter.) ]

> 3. Rename the downloaded file to KB837009.EXE and copy it to C:\ (the root
> directory of drive C; assumes drive C is the boot drive)

> 4. Start > Run > (type in) C:\KB837009.EXE  /N:V (Note the spaces) > press
> ENTER

> 5. Close the command window.

> 6. Reboot [into Windows] and check in at Windows Update to see if the
> problem persists.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> > This PC is prompted daily to install KB837009
> > I follow the usual procedure and after going through the installation
> > process, update informs me that it has been successful, but the next time
> > the PC is switched on it is prompted to install the same update again.

> > The Specs:

> > OS - windows 98, second edition, 4.1.222.A

> > KB837009 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1

> > I have today tried installing the update then immediately rescanning for
> > updates required and it still does not recognise the update as having been
> > installed.

> > How can I install the update completely?

> > Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you!

Update will not install properly

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:23:47

YW, B, & thanks for posting back.
--
~PA Bear

> That has fixed the problem.

> Thank you very much indeed,
> B.

> > Clear History, delete Cookies and delete Temporary Internet Files
> > (including offline files) via IE: Tools > Options > General, then...

> > 1. Download the Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
> > Pack 1 (KB837009; all OSS) from the following link, saving it to your
> > Desktop:

> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=925628BD-1B5...B6-EDE1C73F97B5&displaylang=en

> > [ Optional: 2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode.  (During the reboot,
> > keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears >
> > Choose Safe Mode > Enter.) ]

> > 3. Rename the downloaded file to KB837009.EXE and copy it to C:\ (the
> > root directory of drive C; assumes drive C is the boot drive)

> > 4. Start > Run > (type in) C:\KB837009.EXE  /N:V (Note the spaces) >
> > press ENTER

> > 5. Close the command window.

> > 6. Reboot [into Windows] and check in at Windows Update to see if the
> > problem persists.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> > > This PC is prompted daily to install KB837009
> > > I follow the usual procedure and after going through the installation
> > > process, update informs me that it has been successful, but the next
> > > time the PC is switched on it is prompted to install the same update
> > > again.

> > > The Specs:

> > > OS - windows 98, second edition, 4.1.222.A

> > > KB837009 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
> > > Pack 1

> > > I have today tried installing the update then immediately rescanning
> > > for updates required and it still does not recognise the update as
> > > having been installed.

> > > How can I install the update completely?

> > > Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you!

1. Windows Update will not install properly and update

Windows update gets stuck in a loop. First it checks for
the latest windows update software. Upon finding the
outdated software, it asks me to install the latest
version of windows update. I accept. It downloads the
software then brings me back to the fist page, where it
asks me to install the latest version of windows update.
If I accept it simply goes through the same steps over
and over. It never complets to the point where it
actually succeds, and allows me to install the latest
patches, etc. Microsoft refuses to allow me to contact
them in this regard(they are God I guess) and refer me to
the manufacturer. Any help would be appreciated.
KL

2. XP critical update question

3. Windows Update does not function properly after a clean install of XP Pro

4. What is FBRegDLL?

5. could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed

6. Bitmap upsidedown

7. My hard drive driver is not installed and not working properly

8. Start menu leaves line on screen

9. Pages not loading, IE6 SP1 installed, updates saying not installed

10. Web Pages not displaying properly after updating with ie6 sp1

11. windows update not working properly

12. IE6 not completing loads properly, and failing to download updates

13. Windows Update not working properly