Clear History, delete Cookies and delete Temporary Internet Files (including
offline files) via IE: Tools > Options > General, then...
1. Download the Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service
Pack 1 (KB837009; all OSS) from the following link, saving it to your
[ Optional: 2. Restart the computer in Safe Mode. (During the reboot, keep
pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears > Choose Safe
Mode > Enter.) ]
3. Rename the downloaded file to KB837009.EXE and copy it to C:\ (the root
directory of drive C; assumes drive C is the boot drive)
4. Start > Run > (type in) C:\KB837009.EXE /N:V (Note the spaces) > press
5. Close the command window.
6. Reboot [into Windows] and check in at Windows Update to see if the
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org
> This PC is prompted daily to install KB837009
> I follow the usual procedure and after going through the installation
> process, update informs me that it has been successful, but the next time
> the PC is switched on it is prompted to install the same update again.
> The Specs:
> OS - windows 98, second edition, 4.1.222.A
> KB837009 - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 Service Pack 1
> I have today tried installing the update then immediately rescanning for
> updates required and it still does not recognise the update as having been
> How can I install the update completely?
> Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you!