IE Repair

Post by camelli » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:23:54

Have tried to repair IE but got the following message:
IE couldn't  be repaired - Please run Set Up again to reinstall all
components - File SCRRUN.DLL is missing.

How do I run Set Up  please
Thanks Chris

IE Repair

Post by Compu-Pikach » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:14:05

Re-install it from www.microsoft.com/ie.

IE Repair

Post by PA Bea » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:13:34

What OS?
--
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

| Have tried to repair IE but got the following message:
| IE couldn't  be repaired - Please run Set Up again to reinstall all
| components - File SCRRUN.DLL is missing.
|
| How do I run Set Up  please
| Thanks Chris

IE Repair

Post by camelli » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:50:47

I'm using IE6 - have been having all sorts of problems since updating it??
Thanks for any help
Chris

> What OS?
> --
> HTH...Please post back to this thread

> ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

> | Have tried to repair IE but got the following message:
> | IE couldn't  be repaired - Please run Set Up again to reinstall all
> | components - File SCRRUN.DLL is missing.
> |
> | How do I run Set Up  please
> | Thanks Chris

IE Repair

Post by camelli » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:52:10

Thanks for the link - will try and re-install tonight
Chris

Quote:> Re-install it from www.microsoft.com/ie.

IE Repair

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:14:18

OS = Operating System (Windows version).

| I'm using IE6 - have been having all sorts of problems since updating it??
| Thanks for any help
| Chris

| > What OS?
| > --

| > | Have tried to repair IE but got the following message:
| > | IE couldn't  be repaired - Please run Set Up again to reinstall all
| > | components - File SCRRUN.DLL is missing.
| > |
| > | How do I run Set Up  please
| > | Thanks Chris
| > |
| > |

IE Repair

Post by ppoat » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 01:56:05

Want to know if there is a way to see if IE6.0 Repair tool
can show a log on what it found during or after the repair
tool is run. Are there logs anywhere that one can go to to
see if there was anything wrong with IE after a repair?

IE Repair

Post by Robert Aldwinckl » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 05:04:01

Try to find  Fix IE Log.txt

In  NT4  it is under  %SystemRoot%

---

Quote:> Want to know if there is a way to see if IE6.0 Repair tool
> can show a log on what it found during or after the repair
> tool is run. Are there logs anywhere that one can go to to
> see if there was anything wrong with IE after a repair?

1. IE repair didn't repair BROWSEUI.DLL error

Noel, I did the repair from "add remove.." (three times, alternately after
reboots, download, etc.), no help re-downloaded IE6 with nothing running
except "Explorer" and "Systray" and still when I click "Favorites" I get the
"BROWSEUI.DLL error".
Anyone have another suggestion?  Regards, JimJ

2. Does Netscape 3.0 16 bit supports Java ?

3. IE repair...gone in xp??

4. Can't CreateCompatibleBitmap for larg format image

5. IE Repair Tool bug?

6. CD & CD-R Problems

7. IE Repair Tool-replaced scrrun.dll

8. no updates were installed