Outlook Express No Longer Retrieves Email From Yahoo Server

Outlook Express No Longer Retrieves Email From Yahoo Server

Post by Bill » Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:15:09

Up until 2 days ago, I was able to retrieve my yahoo mail
using outlook express.  I have double/triple checked the
settings with yahoo and everything seems to be correct,
but still doesn't work.

The error I receive is... "The connection to the server
has failed. Account: 'Yahoo Mail',
Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E"

Can someone please assist me ?

Bill

Outlook Express No Longer Retrieves Email From Yahoo Server

Post by Jim Pickerin » Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:18:42

You'll need to contact Yahoo.  My understanding is that integration with
Outlook Express is no longer available without payment for a special account
unless you are outside the US.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Quote:> Up until 2 days ago, I was able to retrieve my yahoo mail
> using outlook express.  I have double/triple checked the
> settings with yahoo and everything seems to be correct,
> but still doesn't work.

> The error I receive is... "The connection to the server
> has failed. Account: 'Yahoo Mail',
> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0E"

> Can someone please assist me ?

> Bill

Outlook Express No Longer Retrieves Email From Yahoo Server

Post by <anonym.. » Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:33:57

I have this account already with yahoo.  As I stated
before, everything was fine up until 4 days ago.  I have
had a paid account with yahoo for 2 years.  When I
connect to the internet using a different isp, oe is able
to download my yahoo email with no problem, however the
connection is dial up and therefore much slower.  The isp
with the problem is aol for broadband users.

Any suggestions ?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>You'll need to contact Yahoo.  My understanding is that
integration with
>Outlook Express is no longer available without payment

for a special account
>unless you are outside the US.
>--
>Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
>Please reply only to the newsgroup.

>> Up until 2 days ago, I was able to retrieve my yahoo
mail
>> using outlook express.  I have double/triple checked
the
>> settings with yahoo and everything seems to be correct,
>> but still doesn't work.

>> The error I receive is... "The connection to the server
>> has failed. Account: 'Yahoo Mail',
>> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port:
110,
>> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number:
>> 0x800CCC0E"

>> Can someone please assist me ?

>> Bill

>.

1. How to foward email in outlook express to my yahoo email

Dear all,

          I got 200 email in my outlook express inbox. And I want to forward
these 200 email to my yahoo account. I try to select 200 email in once and
forward it to my yahoo account, and I found the 200 email was combined into
one bulk email and being sent to yahoo account.
          Now, I want to send the 200 email one by one saparately but not in
one bulk email to  my yahoo email. How can I do that simply?

Thanks

2. Win98 Fax???

3. Hotmail no longer allows email access via Outlook Express for free email accounts?

4. AFX error in CMainfrm using wizard

5. Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from a previous hard dri

6. Importing certificates

7. Retrieve old e-mail from previous version of Outlook Express

8. Web Browser Control

9. Retrieve my e-mail & address book from an old outlook express directory

10. Outlook Express unable to retrieve or send new email.

11. retrieve ALL e-mails inside outlook express

12. outlook express not retrieving emails

13. want to retrieve email from a 2nd HD with outlook express